Inspired by the Newbies

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Couldn't help myself. I been reading all the new guys jumping on board. Always wanted to do a Banana Bike. Started 3 weeks ago using parts and pieces I've saved over the past 5 years. Got about $150 fresh cash into it. Rear wheel, tires and leftover Kit Parts. Completed pics in the Banana Bike Album. Enjoy and please feel free to comment or ask any question.
Wife thinks I'm going to sell it. heheheh. Oh don't tell her otherwise ;)

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The only thing that bike needs is a decal that says, "Don't call me cute".

Great looking little bike, Allen. Congratulations on a fine build. Simple, clean, colors are just right.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
"Don't call me cute!" That's pretty good.

I once saw a bumper sticker on a Ford Pinto that said, "Rear end me...and we all die!"

And the thought came to me, "I'd be willing to drive a Pinto if I could have a bumper sticker like that".

Something similar is going through my mind right now.......

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Sweet bike dude! Very clean, and I dig the colors. Maybe something on the tank? Simple line drawing of something, in the darker blue? Just tossing out an idea, I like it how it sits, but may as well go all the way.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Cool build! May I suggest a shorty intake-plenum? It'd reduce vibration, and I believe it would also improve performance; you have plenty room for a straight intake.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Gee Kioshk I tried- this cylinder is a GT 5A with the 40mm stud spacing with matched pstn skirt. I so much wanted to use the short Alum. 40mm intake that I have but had no clearance for the throttle cable to come into the carb. from the top cause of the frame tube. Used the 40mm offset which probably nulled any perf mods. using the stock carb jet it really runs well although only have 15 or so miles on it.

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I lucked out wheelB6, I was at a storage facility yard sale this past june and found it in a box with other do dads and offered up a 5 spot and it was accepted. Then I spent another 50 bucks to have it laced into the wheel with new spokes. I will grab the time to learn to do it myself at some point soon. Many utube vids I know- Next time I do a front Drum I'll give it a go myself. Thanks for compliments and suggestions All!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
KOOOOOOOL bike,like the color combo. Not to much for apes but this looks good. Like said do the strips, NICE.....................Curt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You've done well, Allen. Your bike has the look of one built by a person who appreciates style and continuity. Everything matches and flows together nicely.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tom

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I am humbled; thank you Tom. I'm just amazed also of what all these guys on the forum can do and I recognize the enthusiasm of these newbies, so inspired. And.. Leo, I like what you did too!... I feel a swan song on the winds. Sure would like to find that "71" Duster 340 4 speed-plumb crazy blk vynl top black interior. Ya know--- the one that got away. More on this bike in my banana bike album.

Last edited: