No start/turning by rope help?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
so I finally got my peg in went to fire my engine up on the new tire and it started for like 2 minutes or less with the pressure applied.

went to give it some gas then the whole motor stopped.

When I went to pull thr rope it now will not spin the shaft but will recoil the rope back into the housing.

DO I NEED TO CHECK THE SPRING CONNECTION OR IS THERE A BIGGER PROBLEM?

THERE IS PERFECT COMPRESSION AND SPARK NOT SIEZED BUT CANNOT START BY ROPE..duh.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Sounds like a break in the rewind unit where it impacts the motor. You might remove the rewind unit and take a look at what's gone wrong there.
Good luck!
it rewinds but does not kick the shaft...

seeeeeeeeaaaaaaahawkssss bump your herb spices and cheeses pack your. bags and get off my sound transit cheese heads!!:-||

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
it rewinds but does not kick the shaft...
The rewind unit will operate independently from whatever it's attached to. When you remove it, it should be apparent how it impacts/ connects to/ interacts with, the engine. That is usually a plastic 'cup' with cut outs facing the engine, so that it will only effect the engine when turned in one direction. It sounds as though it is not making proper contact for some reason. This may not be the case, but to find out should only take you about 15 minutes, start to finish... and there is a problem around there somewhere anyhow...

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
The rewind unit will operate independently from whatever it's attached to. When you remove it, it should be apparent how it impacts/ connects to/ interacts with, the engine. That is usually a plastic 'cup' with cut outs facing the engine, so that it will only effect the engine when turned in one direction. It sounds as though it is not making proper contact for some reason. This may not be the case, but to find out should only take you about 15 minutes, start to finish... and there is a problem around there somewhere anyhow...
it maybe the contact area because it turns just a hair ill bevtakinf a look at it after work tomarrow or tuesday.

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
so I finally got my peg in went to fire my engine up on the new tire and it started for like 2 minutes or less with the pressure applied.

went to give it some gas then the whole motor stopped.

When I went to pull thr rope it now will not spin the shaft but will recoil the rope back into the housing.

DO I NEED TO CHECK THE SPRING CONNECTION OR IS THERE A BIGGER PROBLEM?

THERE IS PERFECT COMPRESSION AND SPARK NOT SIEZED BUT CANNOT START BY ROPE..duh.

blown a flywheel and key