clutch issues

GoldenMotor.com

aarcher30

Sep 18, 2014
masontown, pa
Stock china girl, around 180 miles on it, I have to tighten my clutch cable about 3 times a week, not because the generic screw is slipping, but my arm is going further into the motor. So do I need to replace the clutch pads already? Is that normal?, and if so what's the best to buy,size, and or does it matter? (about the best).. I really didn't want to tear it apart because I never deal with this before

Jonda500

May 10, 2014
Canberra, Australia
It's not worn clutch pads causing this. It is really quite baffling- if the flower nut under the clutch side cover was somehow tghtening that would cause this... I would first check the push rod and ball bearing under the engine sprocket side cover to make sure they are well lubed, and that they are not seizing up or disintegrating some how.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
certainly sounds like a lack of grease inside the shaft & in the actuator arm socket

this also happens when the cable is adjusted too tight so there is constant pressure on the bucking bar (what the old, small, cable spring was supposed to cure in the old kits)