Silence.

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No worries Ex. We are all still here.

It is your thread. take all the time in the world and is good to go slow and take your time.

r.ly.

Im really sorry for slacking guys. Im having a lot of issues. Im trying to upload a jpeg atm and it is saying upload error. Im doing some research tonight and i may just order a new engine. We'll see. If anybody is still around ill keep you posted. Once again im sorry for the wait. :-||

Ecstasy

Oct 1, 2014
Chicago, IL
So im about to buy an engine so i say to myself " im gonna give it one more go. " took a look at the carb and i went to put it on. As soon as i slid it back on i looked at it and my mouth just dropped. I almost spent 300 dollars iver stupidity. The whole time i had been sliding my carb on the "manifold" is it? Way to far. So i adjusted it to the right amount. Tightened it up. Did even bother putting gas in it and keep in mind theres no clutch cable on it right now. So i carried it to the top of my hill and there it is. The golden sound of life. Thank you guys so much for trying to help.

Ecstasy

Oct 1, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hey Dan, i was wondering if you could give me some advice. I know the problem is my carb. Ive been looking to upgrade for a while now anyways. Do you think that i should just get a new carb. Or should i get one of the three kits i was talking about earlier? Could you give me any advice please
:-||

Edit: the grubee one is looking the best atm to me but im still not sure. The jnmotors is out. And the dax one is still looking strong. Im really not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Must be about to pull your hair out, eh?

Really think you should let it go for tonight. Not fun when your frustrated. (I forget, do you need a bike to commute?)

After ignoring it and putting it out your mind for the night, when you get a chance, get some pics posted of your carb in the positions you have had it.

Just slowly and step by step figure this out. Spare parts are great but, and I know this from a very unfortunate history, that better to know before hitting the confirm button and have all sorts of spares and still having to buy some thing else.

But no worries. You will get this and we will help you figure it out. Some true experts here.

I could be wrong but am thinking it is not that complex a problem and we are missing some thing elementary

Ecstasy

Oct 1, 2014
Chicago, IL
Trust me. Ive already pulled a chunk of hair. Were talking about somthing preschool i can just feel it. Something very simple. I had that same feeling when i woke up so i checked all the electric and gaskets again. I will try to post some pictures but i am using my phone and it is giving me an upload error when i try to upload the pictures. I do need it for commute but atm i am just driving my car so its been going okay(other than a huge wast of gas!) i really appreciate the help. And the best way to describe the issue im facing now and im not sure if ive already said this but its as if the float is not pushing up hard enough to stop the gas from flowing in so its leaking out through my air filter. I THINK. Ive spent a long time trying to figure out where the gas is coming from out ofbthe carb and that is my best guess. Also it may just be a major air leak because my bike used to only ride with the choke in the up position. Ive also tried very hard to identify if there is an air leak but there seems to be none.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Seriously, bummer about the hair thing/feeling. Try to dunno, lol. But I do feel for ya and I dunno what to do when it gets like that other then sleep on it but can only do that so long and then I am just ignoring what ever puzzle. Working on some thing else does help, though

Just me but gas from the air filter has always been the float on my bikes. Often just dismantling and cleaning works. Or just a very slight bending of the springer feet. Very slight.

How is the manifold between the carb and engine? Right, tight and continuous?

Thinking the error with pics might be their size? Could email em to your self and resize at the librery. I use Microsoft "Paint" to resize pictures. But many ways to feed that cat.

Or if ya like, can email pictures to me and I can do it for you. Probably easiest way to go as doing this stuff must be a PITB on a cell.

Hallucinations or high water, we will get ya going. The pictures thing really help almost to the point of being imperative. One poor guy and 3 or 4 of us tried for 2 weeks to get his bike going. He then noticed that he had installed his carb upside down. True story. He saw a picture and realized. Not in any way a slow guy and it made sense to him that it should be that way. Smart, smart guy. Just new to engines. No one thought to ask but pictures solved it.

But any way. Your gonna get this and be up and running soon. No more bald spots, lol.

PM me if ya need my email address.