1st Time Pulled Over!!

GoldenMotor.com

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
So after almost a year of breaking the 25 and 35 mph speed limit a cop in the little town of Troy Ohio decided to pull me over! This had actually been a goal of mine for awhile but I was actually really nervous of getting cited or a ticket..i had recently been stopped by a Park Ranger for riding my MB on the bike path..so got pulled over and he was asking me why I didn't have plates on it..told him I didn't need any! ;) apparently I forgot that I wasn't allowed to go over 20 mph at all with the motorized bike..oops..anyways! he took my ID, I'm only 16 by the way..he came back from the car and told me to slow it down..i laughed all the way home haha just wanted to tell yall! .shft.

copmagnet80cc

Jan 7, 2014
Ohio
I dont think its too bad yall..i mean everythings legal about my MB so i dont see a reason to be "invisible" or how im ruining it for everyone..my bad

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I dont think its too bad yall..i mean everythings legal about my MB so i dont see a reason to be "invisible" or how im ruining it for everyone..my bad
By bringing unwanted and negative attention to yourself and your bike. That reflects on the hobby as a whole and can be used against us by those who view us as oulaws. Legislators and some law enforcement, for whatever reasons, would like to see motorized bicycles banished. Giving them ammunition simply isn't a good idea. You can be sure that the police officer who stopped you, will remember you.

This might seem like to you, at your age, an 'old person's' point of view when in fact it is reality. The lower our profile, especially a negative profile, the more likely this hobby will survive over zealous legislation and its ultimate demise.

Sorry if it seems we came down hard on you but there are a lot of devoted fans of the hobby here who don't want to see it go away, outlawed into oblivion.

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have been riding my bikes for almost four years without being stopped , I wear a dot helmet and have flashing lights front and rear as well as a left side mirror. I ride near the side of the road and use the standard hand signals when turning. If it appears you have nothing to hide police don't see you as much of a problem. The laws here state 30mph max so I stay pretty close just like I would in a vehicle.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
There is in young men it always seems, the irrepressible desire to poke an angry bear in the backside with a short, sharp stick.

Great is the surprise at the size of the bears teeth when they are firmly place into the pokie.

Fast (lots of teeth marks) eddy

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I'm 46...exactly 30 long and happy years on this young-buck. I viscerally remember his attitude; it's part of our evolution as men. You'll never convince him of what we already understand through our experiences, just advise and hope it sinks in eventually. I think by the time he's 21, he'll realize that this cop actually let him slide, and he should have shown some gratitude. Wear your helmet, try to ride responsibly, but most of all: HAVE FUN' Life can be pretty sweet especially when you respect others...and that's what it's really all about.

Last edited:

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi copmagnet80cc!

Wow really? Your trying to taunt cops? Oh wow someone needs to sit you down and explain how in so many ways that's a very bad idea. That cop will be looking for you from now on. Not to mention your actions reflect on the entire motorized bike community. Geez I'm so disappointed in you. Oh I can't talk to you right now.

Dave
AssembleThis

.duh.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm 46...exactly 30 long and happy years on this young-buck. I viscerally remember his attitude; it's part of our evolution as men. You'll never convince him of what we already understand through our experiences, just advise and hope it sinks in eventually. I think by the time he's 21, he'll realize that this cop actually let him slide, and he should have shown some gratitude. Wear your helmet, try to ride responsibly, but most of all: HAVE FUN' Life can be pretty sweet especially when you respect others...and that's what it's really all about.
Howdy copmagnet80cc. The above is very well said and it is true.

That and your very important to the people important to you and they want you safe and not in trouble.

Think we all just want that too. Truth be told, I am surprised I or many of us survived our younger years.

Please be well and know we care for your well being.
There is a Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times come to the attention of powerful people" While we do live in very interesting times, avoid the attention of people who have power to mess with you! LOL

Trust me an' don't ask how I know, buddy.
(many long stories and I look bad in most of them)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
in the old days you could skip town and hide... not anymore, one ticket is on your record all over the u.s.a. hitler would be proud.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Dmb, but and gratefully for us former Juvenal offenders, most DMV records only last so many years. nazi records were permanent.

Just saying and not meaning to argue with ya.

Honestly, if you, me or any one does some thing really horrible and just moves to another jurisdiction, don't we all, as citizens have the right to be protected from some one who could or might be likely to endanger us or our loved ones?

Kinda like that the follies of youthful mistakes get forgiven with time. Saves on auto insurance premiums, snicker.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Is it truly a horror that you can no longer move from state to state to state to avoid losing your license? Get 3 tickets and move, get 3 and move. Oouuupppps a DUI, gotta move fast this time.

So, in 3 years you get 100 moving violations and 10 DUI's and by grace of non-communication and interstate travel you are still driving and this is a good thing?

I like it the way it is.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
"Papers! I vant to see your papers". Hmmmm. Sounds familiar.

Tom
LOL, I got a flat on 91N once. A cop pulled up behind me as I was changing the tire and asked for my ID. I was so PO'ed! How dare he! Thought just that; "Papers please"

That very night saw a thing on TV about an escaped convict who had killed 7 people. He was stopped for vagrancy but the cop let him go because his false name came up with no warrants. The guy killed 7 people, was convicted and was an escaped felon. But walked away from the cop. I could have just as easily been that guy or worse.

Thankfully, was captured later. Now I happily show my papers.

Not a compromise I dislike. Privacy V. anonymity. Think about it, this was a murderer, but what about the pediphile murderer? Or the serial drunk driver?

Again, not arguing just my thoughts.

LOL, sorry CopMag. I have a habit of going off topic and derailing perfectly good threads.

But all the best threads go ary (sp) and lead to fun conversations.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
HAR!!! lol Steve. I have always thought you and I went to different schools and separate juvenile holding facilities, together.

Just a feeling.