what... the...

GoldenMotor.com

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
ok... day 2 with the new motor... worked out all the usual bugs... ive got less than 75 miles on it... guess what!?! same thing happened to this one... im really thinkin it cooked the magnito to a point where yes it will creat spark but not nearly hot enough...but truth be told im totally lost here... going to try to upload a pic of this magnito... looks phisically burnt...

still cant upload pics...:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
a multimeter will tell if it is good - cheap shellac painted on the outside often turns brown & nasty looking without meaning anything is wrong

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
ive put a meeter on it... honestly those things are forign to me... not sure what im looking for... i checked continuity, seems to have a fair amount of resistance... set my meter for 200ohm blue to black came back with 20something ohms... i dont remember exact... beyond that i dont know what i should be testing... i see all these posts bout 2ohm and like 230 ohm... no clue what they are contacting...

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if your meter has a 2K scale, that should show something near 350ohm - a 1K scale should show same - other scales may not give an accurate reading

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
i figured out the issue... evidently with as often as the exhaust studs kept coming loose, one of the times that it came completely off, a washer bounced back through the exhaust port into the cylinder... got caught up in the rings... carved a trench in the cylinder wall, welded itself into the rings and broke them both... replaced the cylinder, dug out the rings and replaced them, cleaned up the piston, put it all back together and it started right up!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
time to make sure your muffler hanger is tight enough to prevent those studs from loosening again