Rear wheel bearing keeps coming loose

GoldenMotor.com

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
update: last thing i tried a while back was to straiten my axle and repack bearings. i stuck my axle in a pressed and straitened it, cleaned and packed bearings and installed. been well over 50 miles with zero trouble to note.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Did you hit a pot hole or curb, or was it bent from the gitgo?
Maybe walmart owes you a wheel..
Us eighth-of-a-tonners have to stick together.

walmunga

Sep 8, 2014
argentina
i have same problems with my rear wheel, my solution was cange tensioner function, adapting it to the chain with a spring, so, the engine wil not hit again and again to the wheel, that kick its compensed by the tensioner, my rear wheel has stopped to break as the moment i change the tensioner, for security purposes only i modified the frame, so the fast lock can be safe to use and wheel keep aligned with engine and chain and keeps in that place, if you need to make some correction, its too fast to do it, sorry for my yoda's english jajaja im from Argentina, so it's a miracle i can read and write in english jajaja

have a nice ride

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forum Runner

Attachments

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
i have same problems with my rear wheel, my solution was cange tensioner function, adapting it to the chain with a spring, so, the engine wil not hit again and again to the wheel, that kick its compensed by the tensioner, my rear wheel has stopped to break as the moment i change the tensioner, for security purposes only i modified the frame, so the fast lock can be safe to use and wheel keep aligned with engine and chain and keeps in that place, if you need to make some correction, its too fast to do it, sorry for my yoda's english jajaja im from Argentina, so it's a miracle i can read and write in english jajaja

have a nice ride

That's a great idea and I like it. But my problem was the wheel bearings kept coming loose. Not the axle or chain.

walmunga

Sep 8, 2014
argentina
i know, the only thing you need to make in your bike it's the springer tensioner, i have a vid with its function, and there you can see how compensation works, i change 4 times the wheel bearings, before make the tensioner. and I always use skf heavy duty bearing, i start yo inquiry in the promblem and found that the engine kivks too hard in the wheel, and the issue stops in the moment i adapt the tensioner.