Central CA
An annual indulgence. I'm a regular - :) The headliner, the big dog;

The most booths, the longest lines, the name of the game;

Excellent. Rock & Roll baby!

Have fun!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Asparagus. I can take it or leave it. It's about the only vegetable that has absolutely zero taste to me. Can't taste anything of it. It's hard to pay a premium for that. However, a festival is always a good time --- no matter the subject matter!! :D

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The pissers there must smell NASTY.

The first couple of Port-O-Potty providers were excited at first ---- "You need to rent a hundred units? No problem!! Where are they gonna be delivered to?"

"The Stockton Asparagus Festival."

"Hmmm......asparagus.......wait, I think they're all rented out at the moment...."

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, plenty of pissers. Right behind the zip line.

There was other food there too. The BBQ oysters were delicious.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I had dinner a couple of hours ago and I'm really not hungry but the stuff on those banners is making my mouth water. Oysters, Fried Zuke, Garlic Fries...oh baby.
I hope they had cold beer.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yup, 6 on tap, cold as ice. 5 bucks a cup. I had 2 - :)

I took the Burgman up, got 3 and a half pounds of fresh to go. Burgie has a trunk, Bonnie has a bag.

This is as good as asparagus gets. Fresh from CA Delta farms straight to the festival. Cooks fast.

Got a nice halibut steak in the fridge for supper tomorrow. Should go well with fresh asparagus - :)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nah, before my time. I've only been in Central CA for 30 years. I was born in Detroit.

I know he was a big dog in Stockton though, lot's of stuff there is named for him.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My kids and I just love asparagus (and Brussels sprouts, so there's no accounting for taste I guess). But I've never had them battered and fried. I will now have to try that. Any idea what kind of batter it is? My mouth was watering too; I want to do this.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Deep fried asparagus is awesome.

In Yakima WA there is a place that sells asparagus tamales in the spring. Sounds weird in the first degree, but they are absolutely delicious. I just keep eating them, no stopping.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Do you have a pic of BBQ Oysters! Are they on the half over the grill? Sounds interesting no matter what it looks like. Must be getting old but I prefer them cooked a little now days.