This is an amazingly sad story.

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The outcome will all depend on which lawyer gets paid the most money. Sad tale to be sure but another example of why Shakspere had it right.

Tom

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Poor kid. His family alleges that the driver was on a cellphone when the accident occurred; they must have forensic evidence as such. I'm shocked that there was no breathalyzer done as a mater of course. I find it highly suspect that, with her police officer husband who had been following behind her, she managed to avoid this type of scrutiny. The older I get, the more apparent it is to me that there is an appreciable number of sociopaths amongst us normies; they need to be identified and ostracized.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Dang........I read the article and formed an 'opinion' about the suing woman ----- hope they can't track what I've read and then sue me for my unspoken 'opinion'.

Just another thing that I'll be looking over my shoulder for.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Maybe we should all sue the lady that ran over the kid, because of the pain and suffering we're feeling after reading about her running him over.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The lady might, or might not be as bad as she seems. Like Tom alluded to, there might be a dirty stinky lawyer at the bottom of this.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The lady might, or might not be as bad as she seems. Like Tom alluded to, there might be a dirty stinky lawyer at the bottom of this.

True. However, there's a certain lack of moral fiber in the woman for allowing this to happen (if it's true). I just can't force myself to type the 'L' word pertaining to this person --- either way. JMO.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
........uing the dead boy for the emotional trauma she says she has suffered. She’s also suing the two other boys, as well as the dead boy’s parents, and even his brother, who has since died. She’s also suing the County of Simcoe for failing to maintain the road.
Ah, the USA's greatest contribution/export to the world. Fooking LAWYERS!!!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
This thing that no breathalyzer done seems not right.

From a long time ago accident that happened to another person on a bicycle (no motor), and she was hit from behind on a bright dry sunny day by a car on the Island of Nova Scota. The driver said that it was too sudden and coming of the top of a hill.

Lucky the girl only had scratches and bruises. She got scooped up over the windshield and landed on the side of the road on vegetation for not the softest landing, but better than asphalt I suppose.

The key thing I heard, not really sure if actually true legal, but it was said that in Canada hit from behind the slower girl on the bike would be at fault.

In the USA which was not where this happened it would not necessarily been the girls fault, even though on the bike going slower and not off to the side of the road and possibly weaving a bit.

In the instance mentioned of recent in Canada and the fact that the bike with the motor may have been able to go faster than this girl going up the hill in contrast to the non-power bicycle may just mean hitting from behind of the faster automobile is not removed from all wrong doing.

MT

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I know this area well since it is just north of where I lived when I was growing up in Ontario. Lot of dark country roads there.

This does have a definite lawyers hand print on it but this baggage went along with it or more than likely helped her lawyer craft the story. Her husband being a police officer I'm sure didn't do any harm. If he is O.P.P. or Ontario Provincial Police which is likely since I don't think any towns in the area would have their own police department he would have all his fellow officers, most likely from his detachment, investigating and things may have been overlooked that shouldn't have been.

Just looked again and he is York Regional Police and dealing with his own detachment.

Hope things work out for the parents and they are able to counter sue.

Steve.

Last edited:

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Sad, but true, many cases like this occur all the time. It's the crooked lawyers that initiate these types of lawsuits.

It's sad that people don't take ownership for their behavior and blame others. Courts are not venue of finding out the truth, but venues where lawyers try and out maneuver the opposing side and minimize their clients responsibility.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Dang........I read the article and formed an 'opinion' about the suing woman ----- hope they can't track what I've read and then sue me for my unspoken 'opinion'.

Just another thing that I'll be looking over my shoulder for.
You’re on to something here, she may have to sue the entire world for the emotional trauma that widespread hated is about to bring...

-Kirk

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
You’re on to something here, she may have to sue the entire world for the emotional trauma that widespread hated is about to bring...

-Kirk
Perhaps we as a group should file a class-action lawsuit against her for the mental anguish we're now feeling over this.

velzie

Apr 25, 2014
Canada
FYI and to be a bit of a devils advocate:
Ms. Simon's lawsuit is a counter-suit as she is getting sued for $1 million by the family of the deceased.

The suggestion of alcohol and or texting is purely speculative at this point. The police on the scene did a road-side sobriety test and let her go. There is no evidence of intoxicated or distracted driving (but if it's true i hope it can be proved).

The young boys were riding beside each other, which is illegal in Ontario and were also not wearing their helmets, which is required for anyone under 18 in Ontario. None of the bikes had lights, but 2/3 had the 'required amount of reflectors.' It was a dark night on a country road with no street lights.

Hind-sight is 20/20, but what parent would allow their child and friends out like that? -> this is Ms. Simon's point.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
FYI and to be a bit of a devils advocate:
Ms. Simon's lawsuit is a counter-suit as she is getting sued for $1 million by the family of the deceased.
Good point. Although I assumed from the victim's family's statement that she was on her cellphone was based on concrete evidence: cell-phone records. Sad all around...mostly for a life of a gearhead cut short.