NEED HELP struggling to start a motor unusual case

GoldenMotor.com

Marquez93

Mar 12, 2014
Perth australia
Hello

Ive bought a 80cc powerbike motor 2stroke 1 cylinder and install according to instructions, i cant seem to get the motor turned over as i pedal release the clutch i can hear the motor initially start but wont engage full run as i try to accelerate it wont go it will just die down as i slow pedalling down, ive tried adjusting choke and watched a fair few videos on youtube about install and run and i seem to be doing everything right just cant get it going, it leaks fuel out of the carb tickle button and idle screw, is there and common faults on this particular motor any help is welcomed?

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Welcome aboard,
strip the carb, check float, needle and seat,
been covered may times here.
I have to agree with Theon , these guys on the forum helped me emensly with running issues on my kit ,especially Theon , take their advice ,listen well and follow their instructions ,they are dead on and will have you up and running in no time whatsoever

Definitely sounds like a float bowl issue to me ,and don't be daunted by pulling the carby apart it's dead simple ,I pulled mine apart just yesterday ,my motor is running like a gem now thanks to these members ,the best forum for motorised bikes on the web IMHO

Regards Henshooter

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I agree, if you have fuel coming from the tickler the fuel level in the carb is way to high, either the float level is set to high or there is a piece of gunk between needle and seat, its also possible that the seat is loose which could also cause the fuel level to get to high, another thing to check is when you remove the float from the carb check to make sure it doesn't have fuel in it, if it does the float has a hole or crack in it and is causing it to sink rather than float up in the bowl and close the needle tight in the seat which is what regulates the amount of fuel that is allowed to be maintained in the carbs float bowl.

Just go over things good and you'll likely find its a simple fix.

Map
.wee.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Assuming you haven't flooded the engine case attempting to start the engine, I'd have to agree with the above assessments. Be also aware that the pin holding the needle tang may have come out. Make sure you've cleaned the tank and installed a fuel filter. These kits have been known to have crud in the fuel tanks that will plug the jet quickly.

If the above doesn't solve your problem, here's a no start guide from forum member AI.Fisherman that might help you. It's a good reference for future problems: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBeJuoS--VQWwXysc07rpscTUbPzgc93xjiQBgsyFjc/edit

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
the pin holding the needle tang may have come out. Make sure you've cleaned the tank and installed a fuel filter. These kits have been known to have crud in the fuel tanks that will plug the
That's what happened to me Chris the tang pin had come out on one side and made the motor run like a pig , as well my tank was full of all things a big clump of human hair , as a member said and I completely agree "chinagirl tanks come with EVERYTHING except fuel "
Took me a week to diagnose the issues basically had to do a complete tear down of the carby ,it was so full of junk it was ridiculous

Regards Hen

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A photo of your engine would help. The carburetor (carby) needs to be close to level for the float to function properly.

My guess is a clogged float needle valve. The kit supplied fuel tanks are notorious for containing rust, dirt and debris that will flow down to the carb and settle in the float valve keeping it from closing.
Do as was suggested. Disassemble the carburetor, clean it, install an in-line filter and let us know how you're doing.

Tom

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Hello

Ive bought a 80cc powerbike motor 2stroke 1 cylinder and install according to instructions, i cant seem to get the motor turned over as i pedal release the clutch i can hear the motor initially start but wont engage full run as i try to accelerate it wont go it will just die down as i slow pedalling down, ive tried adjusting choke and watched a fair few videos on youtube about install and run and i seem to be doing everything right just cant get it going, it leaks fuel out of the carb tickle button and idle screw, is there and common faults on this particular motor any help is welcomed?
this happened to me on a new carb one the primer valve stuck pushed in and flooded me out I gently popped it up with a screw driver squirted some silicone spray on the workings & all better Not saying thats your problem just an idea