A movie worthy of your 'Man Cave'

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We have a thread about candles and smells we like. What if you have a big screen TV in your cave. What movies would you watch?

I'll start.
Godfather, 1 and 2. (Never cared much for 3)
Cars
World's Fastest Indian
League of Their Own
Field of Dreams

Lots more but that'll get us started.

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Any James Bond movie.
Any Clint Eastwood movie except misty.
Any Terminator movie.

I've got the full on HT with a projector in my living room - :)

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
There are a few bad Clint Eastwood movies. The Beguiled and Bridges of Madison County come to mind. I liked Play misty for me. I didn't like any of the Godfather movies. The absolute best Brando movie is Tea House of the August Moon. Until I saw it, I thought Brando had no talent at all. It is one of my favourites. Best movies ever are The Great Race and Those Magnificent Men In their Flying Machines. I saw both in theatres when they came out. ... D.J.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Some of you have beat me to the punch on a few. But I can think of one I'd add:

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!

It had giant robots before Pacific Rim (Oh, another cool one) and it had Angelina Jolie in tight black leather (what can I say).

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
A little known Mel Brooks film, The Twelve Chairs.
The original On Any Sunday with a big screen and a socking great sound system.
Apocalypse Now (don'tcha just love the smell of napalm in the morning?)

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Well...If we're talking big screen, then "It's a mad, mad world" and, even, "1941" come to mind.

And let's lead it off with "Popeye meets Sinbad the Sailor". (Which was pretty extravagant for a Popeye cartoon)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like some of the really old ones. "M" by Fritz Lang (1939 I think and the first psychological thriller )is fantastic and one of the best films ever made. The silent classic The General with Buster Keaton is an amazing film with unbelievable stunts done by Keaton, some of Chaplin's feature films including The Rink, The Circus and The Gold Rush. More recent ones would include Amadeus and films by Werner Hertzog.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Anyone remember a strange little movie with Bruce Dern called, 'Silent Running' ? Sounds like a submarine movie but was a Sci-Fi flick about space travel. 3 robots, Huey, Dewy and Loui who were played by actors who were amputees with no legs.

And of course there was 'Jaws'. I was an avid scuba diver when that movie came out. Scared the bee-jibbers out of me.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Clint Eastwood? How about 'The Eiger Sanction' ? Another 70s great.

I really enjoyed 'Second Hand Lion' with two of my favorite actors, Cain and Duval.
Then there was 'The Great Santini'.

Any movie with Tom Hanks, Robert Duval and most of Tommy Lee Jone's stuff. Then there is the master, Jack Nicholson, who always plays the same character but is still great. 'Bucket List, 'The Shining' and even 'As Good As It Gets' all the way back to 'Easy Rider'.

Tom

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Silent Running was great. Das Boot, in serial form on the BBC, was a gripping anti war message. They did a rerun, edited by an autistic butcher, which totally ruined it.