new whizzer controls

GoldenMotor.com

younggun85

Jun 23, 2013
minnesota
repop whizzer clutch/ clutch controls

I have two different whizzer engines one is WSE from a 2008 whizzer ambassador. The other is from an engine kit and I beleive is an NE5.

I am having trouble figuring out what type of clutch I have and what parts I will need if any from the kit engine.
I haven't got pictures of the clutch, but i do have pictures of the engines.
The WSE has no spring/ lever on the side valve cover:

The Kit engine has the spring and lever:

The WSE engine has a valve on the top of the engine:

Will I need to use the side cover from the kit engine to use the clutch in the kit?

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
The spring lever is on your compression release for starting...the other engine has it on the head...you set it and start and its supposed to close.... Never had one but I heard they leak and are troublesome

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
They spit oil til they close, if the kit ones are crap just measure the threads and get a motorcycle one off flea bay, you can get them with a lever operation.... Racie, no I don't, sorry I missed the PM.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Got one chain...ty. Not sure it should be spitting oil? Its in the combustion chamber not crankcase

younggun85

Jun 23, 2013
minnesota
So does that mean the one on the cylinder head closes on it's own?
It is my understanding the original whizzers used the side release so I may go with that unless the one on the head is a better set up.
I have a front brake though so I may need to get a second twist lever for the clutch because right now it uses one lever for compression release and the other for the clutch.
If I can use the cylinder head mounted one I can just go with the controls I have.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
The one on the head is supposed to pop shut once the engine fires etc....you'll probably be happier with the lever one....also you can get a small release lever like on on ne5 etc..