1 piece crankshaft mod help!

GoldenMotor.com

Pedrito0906

Jun 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
So... yeah I have 66cc, I don't have the 3 piece crankshaft, I don't know how to take it apart, I did this to get rid of the vibration at high revs, It helped me a lot, but now it bogs down and it has very low power. I made two 3/8'' holes I filled all 6 holes (4 stocks and 2 I made) with RTV silicon and JB weld. I really dont know what is the problem. Maybe I screwed up one or both seals, I don't know. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.:-||

Attachments

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Low power and bogging down at high RPMs, you say? sounds like you raised the pressure by filling in all of the holes and now it's blowing straight through your exhaust (is it leaking gas or smoking alot?) Perhaps try removing the material you filled the stock holes with? See how that runs? I know its a huge pain dealing with testing the crank, having to do complete teardown after teardown is a huge hassle, but to get maximum performance, it's a must. Do you have reed valves by chance? another way to lower your transfer pressures is to add the boost port (you NEED reeds to do this).

Also bogging down is an ambiguous term, does it four-stroke? or does it just randomly lose power at high RPMs? Does it make any peculiar sounds, such as sounding like its drowning? Are you using the stock CDI? Are you sure you're not going beyond your previous top speed (aka higher RPM than before)?

Side note: How did it affect the vibrations? My understanding is people on this forum drilled the opposite side of the crank to counter balance it (though all the pics I saw used 3-piece cranks so the removed material is hidden).

Last edited:

Pedrito0906

Jun 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
Ok I found the problem. The bogging down sound was when I was trying to start the engine it looked like it was getting a lot of air and no gas. I changed the seals just to be sure. The problem was the spark plug, it wasn't sparking at all. The holes in the crank I founded it in a web page from Jaguar, it really help me with the vibration problem, but I still get vibration at high rpm not from 4 stroking, maybe I need to get a bigger jet (RT Dax carb with jet #72 with BH7 spark plug)