Who Plays?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I can play a chinese war drum used for lion dancing, and kung fu demonstrations.

This is an example of what I'm talking about, but this guy is not that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u_AB7vJBM
I bang the cymbals for lion dances and kung fu demos.dance1

My Hung Gar club derived from the same Wing Lam.

You're right. We had 10-year-olds who could undrum him. Now they're in their 30s and still bang the drum.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My wife and I used to work together. One day, she declared "Find your way home on Mondays. I'm taking ukulele lessons after work". Soooo, to keep my ride (before I discovered motorized bicycles), I tagged along with her for music lessons.

That was 8 years ago. She gave up; I've played regularly all these years, got more ukes than motorized bikes. Thirty years ago, there was "hallway music" or "elevator music" called MUZAK piped into large office buildings. Those days are long gone. I miss that, so now I play/practice almost daily in the room near the elevator, where smokers used to be allowed.

I am the hallway music during my lunch hour.dance1

Mucho compliments, because people here rarely practice or play music in public. Strange.

I also have a Martin acoustic guitar (D28?) and an old banjo. Someday, I'll learn to play them.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Lol, allen, playing music is like playing golf, I would think. There are professionals who get paid big $$. There are also amateurs who'd give the pros a good run. There are guys who play for exercise, and guys who play for the love of it.

You might THINK you suck, but you're prolly much better than you were years ago.

Practice makes better, not perfect.dance1