Engine slows to a stop. Overheating? (Short Story)

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds a lot like the piston is sticking when warm - take out the plug when this happens & see if engine feels stiff

ajorcutt

Jan 28, 2013
Montana
The engine isn't sticky at all with the plug removed but there is a lot of oil in that chamber and on the plug itself.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
that's good news if it turns freely at the time it stops - all that oil reminds me of one I saw a few months ago that had so much liquid oil & fuel residue in the muffler that it blocked the exhaust after a few minutes - oil was collecting in that bottom chamber of the muffler - undo the nut at the bottom and see if a lot comes out (or if welded type, take muffler out & turn upside down)

ajorcutt

Jan 28, 2013
Montana
I figured it out:) after all that, it just wasn't getting enough air. Haha it runs great now. Thanks for all the help though.

LAguyyy

Super Skilled Master Newb
Feb 25, 2013
Honolulu, hi
What toadmund said, happened to me, loss of compression. Get a cheap torque wrench, lose the head acorn nuts and replace them with standard and torque to about 10-15 ft/lbs max. Dont worry about overheating. If you felt air coming out, oil splatters, or heard a slight screech noise probably your head not tight enough. Dont strip the studs, im good at that.