1936 Elgin Boardtrack

GoldenMotor.com

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
This is a 1936 Elgin framed motor bike. It has a ton of cool parts on it. A brooks seat, manic mechanic hub adaptor, custom chain tensioner, skip tooth chain and sproket, antique pedals, FELT rims and cream tires, custom handle grips, a copper tank, glass fuel filter, etc

The bike was running last year and was a ton of fun but I have lost interest. The copper tank has a few pinholes in it that will need to be resoldered. I also have some parts that will go with the bike including the original peanut gas tank if you choose not to use the copper tank.

Not really sure on a price but I am open to offers, this thing has some valuable parts so.....

Email me for more details and questions. Not parting at this time. Bike is Located in East Hartford CT.

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
Hi, yes I made the tank. Like i said it developed a few pinholes that would need to be resoldered. I have an original peanut tank that will go with the bike and other misc parts too. I have not started the bike this year but it has been stored in doors and i am sure it is good to go. let me know if you have any other questions.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
Love the look of your bike. It looks like it currently only has a coaster brake. I'm actually looking for a bike to mount my Preddy 99cc, but the frame on that bike looks small for much more than the china 2-stroke. I'm over in Ledyard, CT so I'm not far from you. If you don't have bites soon I may have to come take a look at it.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I love Elgins as the frame designs were top notch. You did a nice job with that one. The copper tank looks geat. Another option to trying to re solder the pin hole leaks is to seal it from the inside with a good tank liner.The KBS tank sealer kit is a good one. Good luck with your sale and I hope the bike finds an appreciative home.
SB

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
Thanks for the compliments.

Calvyandhobbs, come have a look anytime. I need it gone to pay from wedding expenses, so I could cut a deal for a local pickup. Just let me know or email me and we can negotiate.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I would recommend putting a tank sealer in the tank and test for leaks then do a start up. Then paint the tank to match the bike and label it (Harley Davidson, etc..) Shoot a YouTube video then list it as a replica etc.. on Craigslist or eBay. I would bet you could get a lot more than $850. I've seen labeled replica board track bikes sell for $1500-1600 and I don't think that even included shipping. That's just my 2 cents though. All above being said $850 as it stands is a pretty darn good deal especially since you are including shipping.

miked

Apr 10, 2010
Ct
I would recommend putting a tank sealer in the tank and test for leaks then do a start up. Then paint the tank to match the bike and label it (Harley Davidson, etc..) Shoot a YouTube video then list it as a replica etc.. on Craigslist or eBay. I would bet you could get a lot more than $850. I've seen labeled replica board track bikes sell for $1500-1600 and I don't think that even included shipping. That's just my 2 cents though. All above being said $850 as it stands is a pretty darn good deal especially since you are including shipping.
You are probably right I have just kinda lost interest in it. Any recommendations on tank sealer? Someone said KBS is good.
A note on the price....I need to clear $750 for it so essentially the price is $750 plus shipping, which i guess should be around $100? I have never shipped a bike before.