gasbike has nothing in stock!! help!

GoldenMotor.com

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
are u kidding me?! how could you have zero kits in stock of all ur kits? thats just retarded.. i got a 200 dollar budget (shipping doesnt matter) and id like a 66cc skyhawk. or something better. please help me.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
thx for the help but ya i checked them out. the only thing is that it irritates me that they know how much to charge me to ship when they dont even know how far to ship to. i live 6 hours away from them and they wanna charge 50 bucks for shipping. if u ask me thats a load of bologna. but i will admit im impressed with how aydin (i think thats his name) treats his customer. ive heard many good things about his business. do they have the equal power of a 66cc skyhawk?

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
ive worked in shipping alot...the mail companies will gouge no matter what...ever seen a kit in a box? its heavy and big...50 for shipping and handleing aint great...but honestly its not that bad...be happy you can even get a 66 in cali!

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Ya ur right though. It would cost the same to get it from gasbike. I live in cali and as u know they dont ship here. I have a aunt in oregon that i was gonna have it shipped too. And then shipped to here from there. Itd cost a little over 40 all together so ten bucks extra is worth it so i dont have to worry about the hassle it would be. And thank you! But Ive got 2 more questions. Wats ur take on t-mounts on alluminum frames? If i dont have to spend an extra 15 for a universal mount im not going to lol. And does motovelo make there own motors, or are they just silver slants with MV on them?

PerryP180

Jun 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
You can try BGF on ebay. I had been avoiding them but I ran into the same thing you did. Everyone seems to be out of stock. I broke down and bought from BGF. I was surprised at what I got an how fast. The cooling fins on the head are a much better casting. The only drawback I've found is that their kits come with the small 2 liter fuel tank instead of the 2.5 liter that the Grubee kits have.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Just got off chat with gasbike.net, you are right, zero kits in stock except for a Grubee 4-stroke belt driven kit for $349. They DO, however, have Grubee Motor ONLY for sale, which isnt a bad way to go, I scrapped most of the rest of the parts from my Grubee kit anyways. If you buy the motor only you can choose your carb and avoid the CNS tuning nightmare. I changed the chain, the throttle, chain tensioner, and will eventually dump the rag joint sprocket, thats most of the kit!
Support at gasbike.net said ETA on delivery for complete Grubee kits is about 3-weeks, no way to know really if they will actually be in stock then or of they will keep extending that date (like happened to me when I was waiting for a Super Rat). They said they hope to have both regular SkyHawk and Super Rat kits in at that time. They do not expect we are in the "end of an erra", at least from what they told me, they said "POPPYCOCK" when I asked. As long as they dont get hung up in customs kits should be in stock in 3-weeks they say.....

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Thx for the info guys. But im just gonna go with motovelo. Anyone used there kits before? Are they any different in performance than a skyhawk? O and please tell me they come with RT's and not CNS's! Lol

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
The picture at motovelo when you click "motor specs" shows what looks like a Speed (or NT) carb, definately not CNS in that picture. The CNS will have two cables coming from the top, the others have just one.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I just watched their video at motovelo about what comes in their kit. They didn't say much about the motor itself, I guess it's a run of the mill china girl (which is fine). The carb looked like a Speed carb, not the CNS, which is a plus. The stuff they highlighted looked really nice...

Chrome Muffler
Heavy duty chain
cool METAL throttle
chromed tensioner
Cast angled intake (rather than cut/bent/welded like Grubee)

These are all nice upgrades over the Grubee kits I got this summer. They say "$247.72 shipped anywhere in the USA". That's not bad at all really, the Grubee 2010 kits cost me $180 and $40 to ship from CA to IL, so I started at $220 and ended up changing the chain, throttle etc myself after the fact, and I got no chrome....
Sounds like a fair deal to me, specially with the lack of stock right now. If they have the kit to send you I would say go for it! Though I know nothing of the business reputation of Motovelo, their kit looks good. I got mine from gasbike.net, had a problem with one motor, they took care of me with excellent service. First small parts for free and when the problems got bigger they had me send them the motor and swapped a fresh built motor for free. So great warrantee service from Gasbike.net from my experience. (I thought I should give them props for that)

PS I see they (motovelo) offer a "Ported, Polished and Pro Tuned" motor kit for about $60 more...

Last edited:

Lightster361

Sep 6, 2011
Texas
OK gasbike really pissed me off won't buy another thing from them they sent 48cc parts for my 66cc then left out two sets of needle bearings this is after a 2 week wait. Boy go fast has a current kit inventory (Ebay) reasonable prices. And another thing about gasbike ya just cannot get to a tech for a RMA, then the tech wants to argue with you, If you do get in contact with them.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
ya i saw that. but port matching and polishing is really simple. but idk wat there talking about when they say "Pro Tuned" i mean wat other is there to do then port match and polish?
I saw on the website a laundry list of things they do, crankshaft balancing was one I remember...

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
OK gasbike really pissed me off won't buy another thing from them they sent 48cc parts for my 66cc then left out two sets of needle bearings this is after a 2 week wait. Boy go fast has a current kit inventory (Ebay) reasonable prices. And another thing about gasbike ya just cannot get to a tech for a RMA, then the tech wants to argue with you, If you do get in contact with them.
Sorry to hear this. When I ordered from them they were quick to ship my kits (back when they were in stock). Getting ahold of somebody was a bit tough, and the guy was a bit argumentive about the whole deal but in the end they did take care of me well, and fast...
I know what you mean though, I have had wrong parts sent etc in the past and its a real pain, besides the wait and then delay again... sucks...

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
1" Clear Water Pump with 98cc Gas Engine here, check this cool little motor out. ya got 98 cc's of 4 stroke power, your talkin beter power and torque at low rpm's, fillin up at gas stations no problem.take that tank off that motor, paint the side cover, maybey put a china girl tag on it stating its 48 cc-lol, itll be kool, its small, and just use some angle iron, a jackshaft and a centrifigul clutch and yer set

Attachments

Last edited: