post your skyhawk frame builds!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

maskedF4

Sep 11, 2015
Tucson Az
Here is mine, taking much longer than expected. Maybe start a build thread on this? New to forums so not sure if I'm uploading images right..

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I am using the new GT2A-150 frame with disc brake mount that takes wider tires.
In this case 3" Kenda Flame tires.

HS 144F-1G 53cc pull start 4-stroke engine with enhanced flow exhaust, SBP high flow air cleaner, and NGK Iridium spark plug.

Exclusive 10G ‘long shaft’ belt drive transfer case with right side carrier bearing base and bearing supported centrifugal force automatic clutch bell and freewheel 100T output pulley for 5:1 gear reduction and easy `engine off` pedaling.

SBP bottom bracket with dual freewheel sprockets for direct connection of transfer to #410 single speed chains to allow pedals to stay in place under engine power.

Strurmey Archer SK-RK3 3-speed internal shifting hub.

Independent front and rear 160mm disc brakes on 24 inch wheels with 26x3 inch Kenda Flame tires.

Sunlite dual fork, dual spring, disc brake Springer fork.

Top speed ~40mph.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
Here is mine, taking much longer than expected. Maybe start a build thread on this? New to forums so not sure if I'm uploading images right..

great looking bike.
but what is the table in the background?
do you have an OBGYN clinic in your garage? lol jk

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
This is my second build on the GT2A-150 frame.
HS 144F-1G 53cc 4-stroke and 10G long shaft to a SA RX-RX5 5-speed internal hub drive train.

Man I love that hammered red powder coat ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Nice upgrades, but whats up with that huge tensioner plate?
It just really looks out of place and temped in is all.

flbikejunkie

Jun 7, 2015
Ft Myers, FL
I've read about the standard chain tensioner working loose and turning into the spokes. The plate I installed was recommended by a number of members on the board and is certainly beefy and I am confident it will not move. Safety first.

Edog805

Jul 29, 2016
Camarillo
Well here is my build which started about 2 years ago. Slowly but surely pieced everything together. I purchased all parts from the various MB vendors on the net.

Some of the parts include:
Phantom Headlight
Phantom exhaust pipe(cool but loud as ****)
Brooks saddle
Solid steel layback post
11g spokes wide board track rims
90mm front drum brake
MM spoket adapter
Monark Type Springer Disk Fork for tires up to 2.75"
Frame was powder coated black satin
Old school Lucky Brand mirror

Norm at VMB basically put the whole thing together for me. He was able to bypass the ugly chain tensioner as well. The bikes runs perfect. Tops out around 28 but cruises nice at 20-21..bf.

Attachments

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Nice build Edog.

Here is another Skyhawk frame 4-stroke using the customers parts.

8-speed Sturmey Archer internally geared rear hub.

I've got another GT2 build in the bay, a 2-stroke shifter this time.

Robbie

May 21, 2015
Calgary canada
Wow nice rides! I think i'am going to do a 4 stroke build next on the skyhawk gta-150 frame. And hopefully with KCVAIL's 10 G jackshaft trans.! I like his builds thay are slick!
I was just wondering what your 4 stroke top speeds with and without the jackshaft?????

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Wow nice rides! I think i'am going to do a 4 stroke build next on the skyhawk gta-150 frame. And hopefully with KCVAIL's 10 G jackshaft trans.! I like his builds thay are slick!
I was just wondering what your 4 stroke top speeds with and without the jackshaft?????
Thanks Robbie ;-}

A ~50cc direct drive will do ~32mph, with gears ~40+ depending on your gears overdrive ratio, I have flitered with 50 tucked in, but it's not all about top speed...
It's more about the low gears that will launch you off the line from a dead stop like a frigg'n slingshot and handling hills where they really shine ;-}