It's a special day.. A hill climber!

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Well I finally did one of the things I intended with this build. Climbed a huge hill!! Not just any hill. My favorite hill in the world. Back in 2005-2007 when I just started driving used to go up to the end of a mountain road and park and bike up a quarter mile to a radio tower with a large dirt platform. Until 2008 nobody really knew about the spot, but soon people started coming and parking their cars whilst blocking peoples driveways, and the owners built a large steel fence and posted no parking signs.

In 2008 I got a parking ticket there while smooching with my gf at the time, and never got to hike to the spot again. I vowed to buy a motorcycle or motorized bicycle to ride up then pedal the part of the fire road to the magical vista point. In the three years 05-07 I threw numerous parties, get togethers, took several first dates there, it was great.

I've finished most of my motorized bike build, complete with a 2-speed automatic transmission with a low gear of approx 12:1. I finally did the hill. The link above shows you the near 2000ft elevation change. From my house in the valley it is likely even more.

The addition of a rear hub brake was crucial to negotiating the part dirt, part asphalt fire road leading up to it. It was also getting cold and I was still only wearing flip flops and t shirt... But had to get up there!!

Thanks to all who have helped me with the info needed to overcome all the problems of the build.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Dang I like the low seat position. Great look all around! Is there any legalities in a lic. sideways? I'd like to do del Rio like that.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Dang I like the low seat position. Great look all around! Is there any legalities in a lic. sideways? I'd like to do del Rio like that.
Thanks bro! Yeah I think its fine. So far have not been pulled over on the roads. Gone way over 30 with a cop right behind me and no problems!! haha.

Where are you in cali?

Heck if you look at msrfan's builds, he mounts the plate longitudinally so you could only see it from the side! Solves the wind resistance issue. My lic needs a backing plate cause over 35mph the wind bends it back.

another mb-p0rn pic for ya

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Great hill top photo. Congratulations on the build and achieving your goal.

Thanks for sharing the bike and your story with us, Beginner. Well done :)

Tom

Jan 17, 2015
ca.
Niiice..what do you run your headlight off? I'm gonna change my rear light/lic ...maybe..got wait to see if the new build takes over#1...im in Rialto