checked or replaced all except new engine no start.

GoldenMotor.com

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
So, I had a 49 cc which ran pretty good. Switched to a 60/80cc. So once the engine came in I installed and could not get the engine to run. It sounds like it is firing (possibly) when pedaling but never turning over on its own when pedaling stops. I switched out the carb from a high performance to a nt that was with the original kit and nothing. I switched the magneto and the cdi from new to ones that ran on previous engine and nothing. I have done everything except take the new engine apart. Any clues would be great. Lotta pedaling and no going.

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Nevermind. I went to check to see if the company that sold the engine had a decent gasket for the intake manifold which would stop an air leak and found a surprise. When putting the engine together they decided to stuff news paper in the intake port and then install the intake manifold. So, I grabbed some pliers and removed the unwelcome tumor!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good you found it, this is why I like to disassemble every engine and check for potential problems before I ever install it.

Last edited:

Joseph.perrault.16

Nov 29, 2014
Necaise, Mississippi
I have a quick question and I cant figure out how to wire my cdi coil magneto and voltage regulator together on my 90cc engine. my cdi chip is aftermarket and it lights up but I cant seem to get the wires right to make the coil send the spark to the spark plug..

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
The newspaper was painted black so I did not inspect too much. My brother bought the engine on fleabay from Photonled. I let them know that they were selling engines with this issue and they said they would check into it.

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Sorry Joseph I am not sure. I have never used the aftermarket cdi's. I am sure if you re-post this in another thread you'll get a more informed response.