rebiuld top end

GoldenMotor.com

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
This motor driving up a wall got a day off got it running good idle and rev up. Took it out for ride run good put no power to move me on bike about ready to give up on it

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
Lookrd at ring they are good when i rev it there a clicking noise checked plug and wiring all good about ready to give up on it

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
take off the head & turn it to see if noise is still there - it may be piston hitting head or spark plug - if not, then you may be able to find where the click comes from

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Sometimes a leaking head gasket will sound like a click, like crassius said turn the head around, it may seal better. That is if the plug wire is long enough.

motbro

Nov 26, 2014
SPRINGFIELD
Well BobbyZ one thing you might try is if you have the NT Carb is move the little clip on the needle on the slide around up or down and see if that fixes your reving prob.If you have a speed carb like I have on my 2 stroke is buy ya a pin drill and some small bits for it then solder your main jet closed and try drilling the hole smaller and see if that helps your revving problem.Cause my 2 stroke had the same problem it would idle fine and run pretty good around mid range but once you tried eccellerating it would start popping and sputtering cause it was to rich but once I did this fix it runs like a dream now.

Bobbyz

Jul 15, 2014
reading pa
Fun day bike i was riding to work. had a flat tire grabed gas bike knowing motoer not running got half way to work turned fuel on poped clutch let it run till heat came off motor let clutch.turned gas and itvtook off y idont know would not pull me 2days ago did not know what was rong runs good riding around and used half tank gas had fun was late to worke but i still don't know what i did too get her runningbrnoti