GT2A Engine Mount Not Level

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I got a GT2A frame (with engine mount) and engine well over a year ago and am just getting around to building it up. It turns out that the engine mount on the frame is not level such that the engine will not line up right with the frame. Is there a way to shim the engine to the frame without creating more of a rattle trap?

Also, the front engine mount hardware was so soft it bent when I tried to tighten it down... I have an SBP engine kit but need to know how to put in the studs without stripping them. Any tips?

TIA

Matt

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Here is a pic of the mount. On the left you can see the engine is not flush to the mount and on the right you can see the stud is very close to the mount making screwing the nut a challenge.

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Here is a pic of the mount. On the left you can see the engine is not flush to the mount and on the right you can see the stud is very close to the mount making screwing the nut a challenge.
Pull the studs out and put some 6mm 1.0 cap head allen bolts through the mount. Problem solved! Cap heads are smaller diameter than nuts and look much better anyway than having studs hanging out the front of your motor.,

If it is off center a bit a little filing on the holes?

Take a 5lb sledge and hit the soft aluminum mount with a piece of wood over it to straighten it out. Problem solved.

To pull the studs lock 2 nuts together then put the wrench on the back one or go brutal and use vise grips.

Never heard of a "SBP engine kit"???