my new 80cc motor looks like it's leaking gear oil.

GoldenMotor.com

rinodrive

Dec 5, 2013
redding ca.
So, I've only put 15 miles on my new 80cc/66cc motor and I noticed not engine oil, but looks like thick gear oil coming from the gasket that's right behind the clutch. The engine is brand new. What gives? Total noob btw so please use noob English. Lol it seems to run the same. I didn't even notice it until after my last ride when I hopped offusflg and seen it.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
might be that your case bolts aren't tight - use a hand impact drive to tighten them up

if you can, tighten the three under the clutch

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Have not seen it in a while but then again I dont build as much as I used to. Sometimes the factory will stuff the bearings with grease.

I was told by a supplier in China that the reason is the motors would lay on their side in the box for so long the bearings would dry up and fail. So they started greasing them during assembly.

Years ago every kit I built would have a little grease come out but usually dissipate after a short time. Maybe this is also the case with yours?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I over-greased my clutch-axle chamber once, and saw the same result: grease seeping past the right bearing and appearing behind the clutch-plate. It wasn't enough to contaminate the pads, and stopped soon afterwards. I don't see it as a problem unless the pads are getting affected.