E-cigs

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
So I just joined the vaping community recently and no longer smoke cigarettes. Just wondering who here has joined the vaping ranks. And what kind of equipment do you use. I've got a ProTank 2 and an adjustable voltage battery. I won a bag of 3 different flavor juices so I had to get something to vape them with. Managed to find the ProTank 2 used for cheap and got a good battery for it. I'm loving it so far.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Bought one last night- Can't smoke anywhere incl. outside where it's freakin too cold. I'm comfy rite here at work rite now gettin my nic dose... How neat is that?

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Yeah, when I was at my rheumatologists office yesterday, I was showing one of the Dr's my new vaporizer and he said "...and you can puff on it anywhere." So here I am, in a Dr's office getting my nicotine with Dr's and nurses all around.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I tried one. It just didn't do it for me.
Some cities around here are outlawing them. They claim that the water vapor they emit is just as deadly as second hand smoke.
Some politicians/ judges are just plain crazy I guess...
It is WATER vapor, not toxic smoke!
*end of rant*

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And just when I was thinking about taking up smoking for the first time in my life.......nicotine anyway :D

Yeah.....right laff

Would rather smoke e-bikes than e-cigs rotfl

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've been smoking clove cigarettes since the 80's (when it was the punk thing to do.)

a buddy of mine gave me a clove e cig and i hate it.

a lot of bars around here are banning them, not because of health hazards, but because they stink and are annoying. the regular, basic e cig was fine, but when you get a bunch of people blowing giant clouds of maple coffee vanilla, it's just disgusting.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i've been smoking clove cigarettes since the 80's (when it was the punk thing to do.
it's just disgusting.
Kool, you are still smoking those clove cigs and you are still a punk. :D LOL

I wonder what the reaction to banning cigarette smoking in the pits at the race track would be?

Pro race organizations like M1GP make you go down by the gate at Grange if you wanna try to kill yourself with cigarettes. :)

Kinda hard to smoke a cig with a full face helmet in too. Lol

Last edited:

Nevada

Nov 29, 2013
Reno, Nevada
My wife and I have been vaping for exactly a year now. We were both around pack a day smokers of regular cigarettes at a $5.50 per pack average, so around $300 a month on cigarettes. The juice and occasional replacement of the cartomizers runs around $100 a month. We do get a 20% discount being retired Military. Love the smoke shop we go to! We use Kanger T2 or T3 cartomizers and ego twist or vision adjustable voltage batteries. I've got a big chrome lambo battery that uses a 18650 lithium battery that last for a few days, but it's too bulky for pocket carrying. We've tried various cartomizer's but found the T2's and T3's to be efficient on juice usage and they don't spit, giving you that occasional taste of the raw juice. They leak a little on the battery by days end, but it's better than leaking out of the mouth piece. We started out with higher 28mg concentrations of nicotine and never missed the real cigarettes. We've since tapered that down to the 12mg juice blends now. About ready to go down to the next lowest level soon. We did experience weight gain, typical to stopping smoking, but with a couple hundred dollars more disposable income, we can buy more clothes, though the suits for work have been a bit pricey. We've even convinced several friends and family members to give up cigarettes for e-cigs. They're happier and healthier for it. I'm 57 now and thinking of possibly opening a smoke shop when I retire, with a focus on e-cig. I've gotten fairly close to the manager of the smoke shop we go to regularly and he shared with me their numbers. Their daily sales range from $5000 to $7000 a day, 6 days a week. I've researched wholesale pricing and there's an impressive margin. Payroll and rent would be the other two biggest expenses. $10 an hour for some youngsters to have fun selling e-cigs and a bit more for a manager to run the show. It's an impressive business model. Much more profitable than the bar and grill we previously owned and ran. We'll see if the trend lasts and how soon before the Government starts getting into it and regulating it. So far it's not too regulated, with exception to the typical business licensing and tobacco licensing if you're also selling regular cigarettes.