Replaced spark plug cable- no spark :(

GoldenMotor.com

mynakedrat

Oct 28, 2013
milwaukee
Well, I got a new cdi, and tried different gaps on the plug, two different plugs.
That didnt work, so hand checked the magneto during crank, and it wouldnt shock me. I loosened the screws on the mag, then turned it with the leads in my hand, and i got a jolt. So I left it that way, loose with side cover off, went to start, and I get one good pop, and i had to go pretty fast just for that. took the leads and checked again for juice, nothing. Must be the magneto. Gotta pick one up tomorrow from the local lady that builds around here. .duh.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Sounds right to me.

An intermittent connection on the magneto there are some threads on fixing them, but if you get a new one, you may still check out what people do to make them better.

I mentioned I am using a different engine than you so I'm not exactly sure where the problem in the magneto is.

What a lot of people I know do once they verify they have a new magneto that works is they put some sealant on the cover that encases it. Coating the magneto itself there has been some disagreements on doing that. I know trying to return something you alter is not going to be accepted back, so that is why I'd first check it out before making it better.

MT