Throttle won't do anything

GoldenMotor.com

marianocopello

Dec 31, 2012
Miami, FL
HI guys I'm new at this motorized bicycle world, so be patient.

I got everything set up and it all looks good. Everything is doing what is supposed to be doing. Except the throttle.

When I start riding and let the clutch go. The engine starts to run. But then it starts to choke, I try to feed some speed with the throttle, but apparently it chokes it even worst.

I read somewhere that I have to adjust the idle clockwise so it keeps turning and if the engine starts to choke to pull the little nob down. Is that correct?

But anyways, that's not my major. Problem, the problem is that I twist the knob from the throttle and it does absolutely nothing!

I won't throw the towel away! I want to get this thing up and running ASAP to enjoy this upgrade to my bike!

Thanks to all and Happy New Years. Hopefully I can start the year running my bike!.bf.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. It would help us to know what carburetor/engine you have but the choke needs to be off (open) for any carburetor after the engine starts. I have to assume that you have the NT carb on a Chinese 2 stroke engine when you say you move the "knob" down to open the choke.

If the engine does not accelarate when you twist the handlebar grip then you might not have the throttle cable installed correctly or the throttle slide or barrel in the carb is installed wrong.

Be a little more specific with your problem and what equipment you have and we'll try to help.

Tom

marianocopello

Dec 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Hi Tom thanks for the reply. The motor is a SD stinger kit(i think is just a different sticker for the same motor) I bought it at www.bikemopedkit.com

I think I got the tensor cable connected properly, because when I move the throttle it pulls it as it supposes to.

I had the knob from the choker in the carburetor up becuase they said for the brake in period to have it up and then pull it down with time.

I will make some tests and try running it with the choker down this morning and I will post an update.

Hopefully with this information you can help me out some more. Thanks and Happy new Year.dnut

marianocopello

Dec 31, 2012
Miami, FL
Well that problem is solved. Once I opened the choke and adjust the idle clockwise and it start working. I don't know why they tell you in the installation manual to start that way, but who cares, it's up and running.

The only issue left is that once I make a full stop, unless i twist the throttle the engine stops. I know is a tuning issue, but for it to keep running should I keep turning the idle clockwise? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanksdrn2

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
If the bike is not trying to creep forward when you're at a stop, then turn the idle screw in a bit. If the bike is trying to creep forward at a stop, then you need to adjust the clutch cable or the clutch itself until it stops dragging.

There are several threads here about how to do this adjustment.