China girls Thatsdax sells are modified with hex bolts that are loctited in place. :)

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I bought a F50 from Dax. Wow. I was gonna replace all the bolts, washers, and nuts with hex bolts, American made nuts, and lock washers but they already did! I think they even loctited them. Cuz it took some force to unscrew 'em. They even took the intake studs out and replace them with hex bolts and lock washeres and they loctite them into place. They use the standard intake. Thats the only thing i didn't really like. No biggy! I'm glad they had it secure. I know it ain't gonna come loose for a looooonnnnnnnnnggggggg time! I took my 66cc china doll off my bike and replaced it with the f50, got everything aligned, tightened all the bolts, sealed the area where the carb slides onto the intake. Hooked up the gasline. Tried starting it but the clutch was stuck. It wouldn't move so i took the clutch cover off, loosed the flower nut and got it to break free and move like it should. It just needed some nudging. lol Next day i rode 38 miles. I took her up some really steep hills in the sunny hill and she pulled me(120lbs) and my fully packed trailer(50lbs) up most of the hills with ease. On the really steep ones, she strained and i took some of the load off the engine by pedalling. Went up and down some steep hard clay/dirt roads. I'd slow down when going over the top of the hill since the far side usually had a good inch to two inches of sand. The soft sand would cause my front wheel to want to go left or right and i had to wrestle with it to stay straight even going slow. Which was expected. I was amazed she got thru all that sand with such ease hauling all that weight. I turned onto another clay/ dirt road and went around a curve and was going up a hill when the road turned into just sand. 3+ inches of it. My engine bogged down even with me pedaling like crazy. I had a friend trailing me in his v6 honda odyessy incase things like this happened, so i put my bike in the back of his van and we went the rest of the way. Up ahead we went thru multiple sand pits. He'd be going 40mph and when he hit the sand pit, it'd slow us down to 15-20 mph. They were about 5ft long by 5ft wide. There were crews out digging the sand out and filling the pits with clay. I started wondering if i should have left my 66cc on my bike. She probably would've pulled thru the sand and the pits would've been easy enough go around. I saw some squirrels while i was cruising down blue springs road. Nice lil' shaded paved road. I saw some squirrels run across the road and some birds flitting from one side of the road to the other. Other than that, i didn't see any other wildlife. But with the sound these china girls make, i'm not surprised. Every couple yards I'd hit a pocket of deep sand and she'd slow down and i'd give it more gas and she'd power right thru it. Enjoyed the ride. Was a bit sore afterwards from wrestling to keep the front wheel on course. Overall great trip. Really enjoyed it!

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Re: China girls Thatsdax sells are modified with hex bolts that are loctited in place

That's good to hear. I'm a fan of the Dax Friction Drives. It is not surprising he would upgrade the HTs a little bit too.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Re: China girls Thatsdax sells are modified with hex bolts that are loctited in place

Thatsdax has never let me down either. I bought some parts a few months ago from them and they arrived in one well packaged box. The box the f50 came in was full of those curled peanuts. The engine looked so small in the box. You could have dropped the box with the engine in it and wouldn't have done anything to the engine cuz it was packaged sooo good. lol It is a small engine. I took a pic of the f50 next to my 66. Heres the link:

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums...motorized bicycle/2012-04-26_19-24-13_120.jpg

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana

if they used loc-tite on the studs, nuts and bolts you should see some residue of it on the threads.
are you sure that they just didn't over tighten them and that's why they were difficult to remove?
maybe it doesn;t have the power that your 66 had because you didn't break it in?
it sounds like you just took off and rode 38 miles right out of the box.
I don't know about you, but i have a bike with a 66 cc and one with a 49 cc. Both bikes are set up similarly, and my 49 is actually faster and has more power than my 66.
both bikes are geared the same, weigh about the same, and i weigh 150 lbs.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I think if you ask Duane at thatsdax, he is kind of opposed to the use of loctite....

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

There was dark greasy residue on the threads. Wasn't sure if it was loctite or something else, like aintisieze.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago

Here is something I learned from motocross racing in sand; the faster you go, the more stable the bike will be. When you go fast, it gives less time for the wheels to sink in. Also lean back and take weight off the front so it doesn't dig in the turns and oversteer or flip you over the bars. Wider tires would help, too.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

Most of the weight was on the rear tire since i was pulling a trailer and have my rear friction drive on the back of my bike as well as the china girl in the center of the frame. I Kept most of my weight leaning back and held the handlebars nice and tight so when it did try to turn to the side I'd wrestle it going straight. This china girl is definitely reliable. I may take the friction drive off and put it on another bike. I've gotta get a smaller jet for my nt carb. the 60 was great for the 66cc but its too big for the 49. I may buy the 50's pack on pirate cycles unless i find them cheaper elsewhere. If only sbp had 'em that small. My tires are 1.95". I am a firm believer in slimetubes. :)

Last edited: