Remove pullstart & centrifugal clutch?help!

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I have a 48cc Starfire GT-2 (GGG2) with pullstart and centrifugal clutch. It also has a manual clutch.

This engine is very wide and i have it mounted high so the peddals wont hit it.
I know that i could just get a wide peddal kit for $40-50, but i dont need the pullstart cause you can peddal 5 feet and the engine fires right up, and i dont use the centrifugal clutch,i always pull in my clutch when stoped.

So i would like to remove my pullstart, thats easy and just get a new $5 cover.

Next i would like to remove the centrifugal clutch:

This will require a new $5 cover, but do i also need to add a small gear and bolt? and what are they called and where to get them?

Karl

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
You will need:

Round Column Bolt
Semicircular Bond
Small Bevel Wheel
Spring Gasket

You kit should have come with a tool to pull the centrifugal clutch off of the crankshaft, it looks like a long bolt with a thinner unthreaded end.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
You will need:

Round Column Bolt
Semicircular Bond
Small Bevel Wheel
Spring Gasket

You kit should have come with a tool to pull the centrifugal clutch off of the crankshaft, it looks like a long bolt with a thinner unthreaded end.

Thank you, i dont have the puller anymore, looks like i have to get that too.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Thank you, i dont have the puller anymore, looks like i have to get that too.
Actually, any bolt that you can thread into the centrifugal clutch should work. As soon and the end of the bolt reaches the crankshaft, it will push the clutch off of the shaft. The threads are M8, if I recall correctly.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Its going to cost $33 plus shipping for my list of parts so i might as well get a whole bottom end for $64 with free shipping and then i can just add my head and stuff to that.

And yes i won't need the old bottom so i'll probally part it out.