clutch problems

GoldenMotor.com

src

Apr 25, 2012
washington
so the pin that engages the clutch is sticking out to far I think so when I screw on the sprocket cover it tightens it down and put the bike in free roll i tried adjusting the clutch plate and it doesnt make a difference. pls help??

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No pictures needed...if you grind down the pin a little at a time, it will work fine. Sometimes it's just something you have to do.

You may want to remove the pin and see if they put two ball bearings in there at the factory.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I think Norm posted proper length for the bucking bar, and the ball size in one of his clutch posts.

Mine protrudes abt 4mm, if that helps. It's a 'mighty 48'.

Good luck
rc

src

Apr 25, 2012
washington
ok Ill prob grind it down its just weird cause i had it running fine for a good hour then I stopped at a stop sign pulled in the clutch lever to stop then let it out and it wouldnt engage took off the sprocket cover and discover the bar was pushed out only a couple MM or so.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
src, I think you might have some other problem.
Pls check other things before grinding.

Something is not coming across quite right... there must be confusion in my monitor, or something. I have yet to see, or hear of a bucking bar growing, while in service. and need to be trimmed down, kinda like toenails or something.

There must be some other explanation.
Best
rc

Attachments

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
ok Ill prob grind it down its just weird cause i had it running fine for a good hour then I stopped at a stop sign pulled in the clutch lever to stop then let it out and it wouldnt engage took off the sprocket cover and discover the bar was pushed out only a couple MM or so.
Bucking bar (5/16 shaft and ball) 1-1/8" long. Should stick out about 1/4". Never heard of a bar cut too short, but I suppose it can happen. You must of have other issues.