Gasbike .com

GoldenMotor.com

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
What's with gasbike.net putting regular bike chain in there kits, I bought four kits from them because they where having a sale I build bikes for other people so I thought it was a good time to stock up on a few kits, I go to do my first bike for some body and notice that the chain it came with was regular bicycle chain so I opened the other three boxes to see if maybe this was a mistake and all four kits had bike chain in them, so I went a head and used the chain on the first bike, when the bike was done I took it out for a ride and had on problems so I give the bike to my customer he rode it about five miles and the chain snaps wraping it's self around the brake and into the spokes locking the back tire and ejecting it's rider. The post the brake is screwed too was bent and three spokes were broke, The rider had multiple cuts on his hands, so now I feel obligated too fix his bike, so 15.00 for a new chain and 32.00 to fix the back wheel and now it runs perfect. Then right before this christmas a guy I work with wanted me to build me a bike I didn't want to use the small chain but I didn't have any more of the heavy duty chain so I thought I WOULD TRY THE SMALLER CHAIN AGAIN HUGE MISTAKE on my first ride two blocks from my house the chain snapped and the same thing happened except I didn't fly off the bike. I called them about this and they said thats just how the kits come. And one other thing are those Sh_tty cabs they use the new cns carbs with the red air filter covers suck I tried all four of them on the first bike it just woudn't run so I ordered the old cns carb fron BGF and it runs perfect, So now with buying new chains and carbs for there kits the sale was not a sale at all. I'LL never buy anything from them again..duh. :-||

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
This forum is FULL of people telling you not to buy from GASBIKE.NET

So, really, you get what you paid for.

and you have 161 posts, so you've been doing this for a while.

Sorry to hear about all this headaches, man. But, spend a couple of extra bucks and get good quality stuff.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Idk man. Personally I would never buy a kit to build on someone elses bike. Such terrible quality no matter the kit that if you are not the builder then within a couple 10's of miles the rider will have a problem. In fact you should replace just about every darn thing in the kit it isn't even worth buying. The engine is all you want and even at that you need to replace parts on it like studs and then retorque the heads.