Any feedback on Broped kits and bikes

GoldenMotor.com

shepdawg

Jun 27, 2010
San Diego
My wife wants me to either get a pro to install a kit or buy a complete kit. broped is in San Diego County, close to me, so I was thinking about them. Their prices are very high obviously, in comparison to ebay. Their bikes are pretty much the same price as a scooter. Does anyone have any experience with them, and if so, what can you please tell me if you think their gear is worth the price.

broped.com is the site, it's on the right hand side sponsor list (I am not allowed to post links)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
well, according to their ad, they are "...the most recognized and immitated (sic) brand in motorized bicycling..." ;)

and this statement's great, too; "...the concept rapidly spread throughout Southern California and beyond!..."

after reading that, i'd like to thank broped for inventing motorized bicycles.

i don't want to bad mouth any sponsors of this forum (already did that with the unbelievably awesome "Strider Rides,") so i'm not going to give you my opinion.

shepdawg

Jun 27, 2010
San Diego
In San Diego, nothing is "nearby." Probalby 1 hr 15 minutes to them. I am thinking of calling them up to see if they'd go down on price for their gnarly davidson type B though.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
My wife wants me to either get a pro to install a kit or buy a complete kit. broped is in San Diego County, close to me, so I was thinking about them. Their prices are very high obviously, in comparison to ebay. Their bikes are pretty much the same price as a scooter. Does anyone have any experience with them, and if so, what can you please tell me if you think their gear is worth the price.

broped.com is the site, it's on the right hand side sponsor list (I am not allowed to post links)
I'm going to assume that you have a limited knowledge of mechanical things...and possibly even less tools.

If this is true...their finished bike will actually be cheaper in the long run.

One hour + is a bit of a drive, so if you decide to buy a complete motorbike: I would spend some time with them learning about basic maintenance things, and the few tools required, so that you will not have to drive to thier shop everytime the slightest thing gets out of adjustment.

Jim

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I think their prices are not too bad, I've seen some outrageous prices out there, but also you always get what you pay for, if you don't want to deal with the install, or any problem that comes from a DIY, then they are a good alternative. Look at the facts...
1. They have experience in putting these motors on... you don't
2. They are local, double thumbs up. Its nice to put a face to your supplier and vice versa.
3. Are they competitive, yes. If a 4-stroke kit runs avg. $350 and a GT2 runs around $300 to $350 then that's already around $700+ plus shipping. So they are only putting a few hundred on top of the MSRP to install these and have them ready for you... worth it.

P.S. I'm sure they could put together a tool kit and explain some maintenance tips for you.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah all in all they are not a bad deal. I would say they are worth it if they offer at least a limited warranty to cover defect issues.

Mykulbee

Nov 15, 2011
California
These bro-peds MAY be great, but lord help you if you have a problem with it! There is no one who works on them and the "Owners Manual" is a sad pick of trash that only wants to cover the legal @sses of the writers.

One-year-old bro-ped, for sale. Never ridden more than one mile at a time...no wonder the websites are being abandoned...