No guts, no go

GoldenMotor.com
I disassembled the carburetor on a new kit, in anticipation of affixing the throttle cable. I discovered no slide assembly in the bore.
I realize that one of the largest nations in the world cannot be inhabited entirely of morons. Is the deplorable quality control systemic or reserved to just exports to us gullible Yankees?
Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now.
Roadapple

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As a yankee that's been employed in manufacturing as well as having a long & sometimes questionable purchasing history - I can assure you that deplorable quality control is by no means reserved to just exports/imports, that the only systemic pattern would be the gullibility of consumerism ;)

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the practice & I love the little in-frame kits, but the fact remains that they are the absolute cheapest engines you can purchase for the application bar none & when you limit yourself to that price range, such is to be expected regardless of the country of origin. I've had a few of these motors now, sometimes everything's fine & sometimes it's not. With these things, I don't even bother with any warranties & promises anymore, I just replace what I need to, if I need to & shrug it off - for the money, it's all they're worth lol

I'd still give 'em a call, see if they'll send you a replacement for the missing part - it is worth a shot & they do owe you that much, but I'd try to not get too worked up about it, in fact I'd jus' order another entire carburetor for twenty bucks or less while I waited so I could get my bike running, best case - you'll have a spare :D

Last edited: