Wolverines Bike

GoldenMotor.com

wolverine

Jul 29, 2008
Hello,
Hope the pictures came up. Just built this bike. Made the longer exhaust and it is much quieter. Also made front fender brackets from 1/8 x 3/4 strap steel . Didn't want fender to fail and get into the spokes. Had troubles with tube failures on rear ,so I now am running airless tubes. Exhaust pipe was made from 3/4 epdm conduit,made exhaust flange out of a piece of 1/4 steel and welded it in correct position. Also put on a gel seat and foam grips for extra comfort. Waiting for the springer forks and I will be done.

Attachments

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Hello,
Hope the pictures came up. Just built this bike. Made the longer exhaust and it is much quieter. Also made front fender brackets from 1/8 x 3/4 strap steel . Didn't want fender to fail and get into the spokes. Had troubles with tube failures on rear ,so I now am running airless tubes. Exhaust pipe was made from 3/4 epdm conduit,made exhaust flange out of a piece of 1/4 steel and welded it in correct position. Also put on a gel seat and foam grips for extra comfort. Waiting for the springer forks and I will be done.
What speedometer did you use?

wolverine

Jul 29, 2008
The speedometer is a pyramid. Found it at Amazon.com. Its like the old ones back in the 60's. Works great,even has a tripometer.

wolverine

Jul 29, 2008
The mileage and trip reading are the same counter. You can reset to zero,but you will lose total mileage

wolverine

Jul 29, 2008
The exhaust wasn't that difficult to make. Just used electrical conduit and a conduit bender. Made the flange at engine out of 1/4 plate steel and mig welded them together . Had to heat and tweak the pipe to fit, but a couple hours and it was done. Had to lower the kick stand mount with a spacer to clear the pipe. I like it , the air intake makes more noise than the exhaust.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Looks like you did a way better job at extending your exhaust than I did :) Of course, I didn't have a conduit bender or welder or anything...just a hammer and a concrete curb :)

Bike looks pretty sweet, good job.