My board tracker is done!

GoldenMotor.com

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
Thanks! It's mainly VHT "burnt copper" metallic engine paint from NAPA, with a thin wash of black BBQ paint. I'm still experimenting to see what works best.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011
It's the same seatpost; it was designed to hide inside the leather saddle. I painted the clamp to match the frame.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
You sure did a nice job. I like the copper look and the brown tires add a lot. Of course the leather panniers and seat, grips... leather always makes a bike richer by far. It also helps that the frame and tank are killer, the cake beneath all that yummy icing. One of a kind and something to be proud of!
SB

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
I love everything about this bike, truly inspirational. The patina adds so much to the overall look. Could you post a photo of the underside of the seat? I'm looking for ideas to do a similar lay back post for a similar leather hairpin seat.

kojak

Feb 2, 2011

The "layback' plate was custom made by Taylar Bikes. I've flipped the seat post clamp towards the back of the saddle to give it some extra room to flex. This type of seat has very little travel but it's a good match for the stiff Sunlite fork--just lift off the saddle if you see a bump coming and you're fine.