Are you one of theses guys ?

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Unfortunately there are still a lot of incredibly stupid people out there .
All i asked Santa for was to rid the world of idiots . Guess he was too busy .

last NIGHT it was DARK and snowing WET SNOW .

I had just stopped for a red light at an intersection ( a bad intersection ) the car to my left side just started to make a right turn , when this MORON on his e-bike passes the car ( between the car and the curb and goes strait , as the car is starting to turn in front of him ) .

Fortunately the guy in the car seen him at the last second and managed to stop just in the nick of time .

I commend the driver of the car for his alertness and his quick reaction , as the moron on the e-bike was WEARING ALL BLACK , his BIKE WAS BLACK , and his HEADLIGHT WAS BROKEN .

Lets go back and take a look at all the capitalized words .

NIGHT , DARK , WET SNOW , MORON , WEARING ALL BLACK , BIKE WAS BLACK , HEADLIGHT WAS BROKEN .

I consider myself a safe rider . I,ve been riding motorcycles for over 20 years , and i have absolutely NO RESPECT FOR motorcyclists or bicyclists who want to be a vehicle along the road and a pedestrian at intersections ,

Now i know with the amount of people in this forum theres likely a bunch of you that ride like this guy , and personally i hope everyone who rides like this guy does get hit , because then i don,t have to worry about hitting them .

All i have to say is , i hope someone else hits you with thier car instead of me . A bicycle is a vehicle , and if your going to ride on the road , respect the rules of the road .

ride safe in the new year

christopher fowler

Dec 17, 2009
p a washington
The insurance company wouldn't pay up on that guy, they'd call it suicide!
I pretty much mirror what you have to say! I ride both motorbikes and non-motorized bikes.I think comparing the two is a stretch!you have to be safe or else suffer the price.I ride my pedal bike at least 1000 miles a year at the very minimum!On a good day when im feeling strong i might be able to maintain 20 + or - mph. I see all kind of ignorant driving the major share is from 4 wheeled coffins with some distracted driver paying attention to everything except driving!in a nutshell the average speed on a mb would put lance armstrong in the dust!motorist are surprised by our speed when riding mbs!we all need to be safe were out there in harms way!1000000 ways to die choose one,jus sayin!zpt

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I ride an E bike and I'm ten times more careful than I was when I drove a car. Yesterday I turned left on a red left turn signal, because the bike isn't big enough to trip the switch. I'm sure the guy behind me might have said I was an idiot as well. I am not going to defend idiots on e-bikes. I will say this though, some things are different about motorized bikes and we just have to be very, very careful with them. I expect the person in the car to either A. not see me. or B. see me and decide that he really does have room to cut me off.

I guess I am saying we are responsible for how we ride these things, but we are also responsible for how the automobile drivers, drive as well, and also to understand how our vehicles do differ from cars. All it all it takes a little more vigilance on our part. It should make us more careful. For those who aren't keep, your insurance up to date and say I love you hon before every ride cause one day you ain't coming home in time for dinner.

My doctor in 1970 said to me about motorcycles,. if you ride one of those things long enough it will kill you. The trick is to make sure it is a long time before that happens.

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
I NEVER assume the car at the intersection realizes that i have a motor, cuz they are not that common and we are travelling at a much higher speed than they expect a pedal bike to be going...has saved my butt a few times...i just wave them by and smile...no need to make bad press as there is enuf out there.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
just to be clear on the matter , i,m ot knocking e-bikes , heck i,de like to get one myself . you just had to see the situation . i know if it was me , in my van , i would not have seen the guy and surely ran right over him .

poeple like him are as much a danger to themselves , as they are to everyone else , and shouldn,t be on the road at all .

its wet , its night time , its winter , he,s dressed in all black , hi bike is black , headlight is off . he,s iether on his way to rob a convenience store or just plain stupid , you pick .

i will feel more sorry for the little old lady that eventually will run this guy over , when thet are sitting there panicing because they ran someone over