common sense...

GoldenMotor.com

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
This is an old thread but... thanks Bairdco for the info on using dif sprockets to adjust chain tension. I never thought of that. The tensioners, all of them, are just something else to maintain or mess up. You and several others that have been at this awhile are true mentors to us newbies. BTW, love your bikes!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's always good to bring back some of these oldies but goodies. The tensioner conflict is one that will be with us for a long time, I predict. If anyone has anything to add to this thread, toss it out there. So many good people here with so many great ideas based on experience and...lol, common sense. Hats off to Bairdco for lighting this fire.
Tom

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Who needs common sense and personal responsibility any more????
That's why they have lawyers and law suites.

fast"it's your fault"eddy

Back when I was in High School we had a required reading for English ( but it applies to this day )....a copy of Thomas Paine's " Common Sense "....a Literary Hero from the Revolutionary War.....But since you reside in Canada I'm not sure you're familiar with it .....Read it....it's quite enlightening......

Salty.shft.

P.S.....that's *suit*....not *suite*....a suite is a room or rooms in a hotel....

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Bairdco, I used a piece of inner tube between my motor mounts and frame, not to kill vibration but so I didn't mar up the frame, so far I've had to tighten the bolts (after break-in) once in about 1000 miles. The chain tensioner thing I can see where you are coming from, I do use a tensioner but I only use the one that mounts with 4 bolts, I have seen the 2 bolt ones and frankly they seem scary to me. Its good to see your looking out for your fellow rider, thanks for the post :)
...Aircraft lock nuts did the trick for me ......I've adjusted my tensioner ONCE....in almost 2000 miles......correctly done as stated by 2Door....they cause nary an issue......Lowe's had the two nuts and bolts I needed for a whopping buck and a half......

Salty.shft.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Back when I was in High School we had a required reading for English ( but it applies to this day )....a copy of Thomas Payne's " Common Sense "....a Hero from the Revolutionary War.....But since you reside in Canada I'm not sure you're familiar with it .....Read it....it's quite enlightening......

Salty.shft.

P.S.....that's *suit*....not *suite*....a suite is a room or rooms in a hotel....
We do have Dick & Jane :)