Kickstand installation is wonky

GoldenMotor.com

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
I installed my kickstand the other night and in the "up" position, it looks like it will directly interfere with the rear wheel (wheel isn't here yet, so I can't check, but it certainly looks wrong to me!). I looked at it a bunch and I can't see how else that it could possibly be installed! Did I get the wrong kickstand?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You're right; looks like some interference going on. Did you weld the kickstand bracket or is that the way it was? Is there any adjustments? I would have to asume that the original stand had an extra bend in it to clear the rear wheel. You could heat and bend the one you have but you'll need to wait until the wheel is installed to see how much bend to add. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Tom

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
It might be time to break out the sawzall. I've taken it apart and put it back together every way possible now and it still won't work. I just wish I would have tried fitting it before I had it powdercoated. Maybe I can go old school and have a mount welded on to fit a removeable leg. Maybe I'll just find something to lean it on!