Skrewed by gasbikes

GoldenMotor.com

anota

Jul 2, 2012
Narragansett
So check this out. I bought the Ghost Racer 7g on its pre-sale before christmas for a cousin as a christmas present. Kept it boxed up so he could open it on christmas himself. When it was opened look what we found..... Im pissed.

Ive emailed and called dozens of times and no one will respond. Im blown away by how low this is. Widened crank incomplete. Trans cover trashed and a freakin whole in the engine.

The wholes line up too which leads me to believe the engine was damaged before it was put in the box.. Super crappy. There were no puncture holes through the packaging box so they much has packaged up a defective engine and put it on its way to clear room for good ones.

Looking for advice on what to do? I waited a month for this when i bought during the presale and then got skrewed. its not like i can just go buy another

Attachments

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Keep searching ebay for a used motor. I have seen them on there before. They are listed for parts only not working. They go pretty cheap.

A good welding shop could weld it but it may be pretty costly.

JB Weld is and option. I have had limited success when using it on aluminum. If you do try JB Weld buy the slow cure variety. Devcon is another good epoxy product.

You might try Gas Bike chat they have available on their web site. It shows when someone is available to chat. Might be a way to make contact with them and get them to stand behind their product.

You could start a thread in this forum asking for a used Hau Sheng. There is a buy and sell section. I am sure someone on this forum has blown one up and has some used block parts they would sell at a reasonable cost.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Found this on ebay. This stuff has been listed at least a couple months and he has not been unable to sell it to date. You can contact him trough Ebay email or try [email protected]

Looks like somewhere in that pile is the parts you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BULK-MISC-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58bdc3ca18&vxp=mtr

Contact the seller and see if he will list as block separately on ebay for you to bid on or post it as a buy it now. Some sellers are eager to do it.

I have had good luck buying some auto parts that way in the past.