New kits at Kings "Ghost Racer 7G"

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Well these are an interesting development:
http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/ghost-racer-4-stroke-kit.html

Looks like Kings finally has the 5/8" shaft version kits with the 20:100t t belt trans, and these kits are done up with a black cover, looks like a kill switch on the motor, aluminum motor plate(hard to tell from pic?), and a different set of cranks that appears to be narrower than the old style. Also interesting that there are 4 reviews already posted and they aren't available yet...

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm waiting for the 10G....
Sadly the 20T/100T/19TFW sprockt does not have the new keyed straight 14mm output shaft the new 20T/80TFW/9T keyed dual set screw shaft Don and I worked out earlier this year but a heck of a bargain for $250.

The new design does away with the nut and spacer bushing so you can freely move the output sprocket anywhere on the longer shaft you like for chain alignment or in my case, attach a coupler to the shaft to another new 10T/100TFW and then mount a carrier on the right with a 9T for a direct jackshaft system with the proper gear reduction and no need for a behind the seat JS kit and extra chain, but again that is next year.

I bought two of these new basic 20/100's as I will certainly use them and $100 off each is a sizable sum.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Sadly the 20T/100T/19TFW sprockt does not have the new keyed straight 14mm output shaft the new 20T/80TFW/9T keyed dual set screw shaft Don and I worked out earlier this year but a heck of a bargain for $250.
The "Ghost Racer 7G" is a Grubee 4G knock off by a Chinese bicycle engine factory.
The Grubee 4G had a patent so this development should be interesting.

I have had one for months. Hopefully they fixed all the problems.

I guess every motor, trans or part is "racing" now.

Last edited:

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
The new design does away with the nut and spacer bushing so you can freely move the output sprocket anywhere on the longer shaft you like for chain alignment...

I bought two of these new basic 20/100's as I will certainly use them and $100 off each is a sizable sum.
The movable output sprocket would be pretty sweet, that's what I need to monkey with on mine to be able to better center the engine in the frame and still clear the tires. Right now it's a little left of center, need to machine down the bushing and add a skinny one to the other side or something.

Are you saying you already have 2 of them or you just hopped on the preorder? I'd love to see a close up of that output shaft if you've got one handy.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The movable output sprocket would be pretty sweet, that's what I need to monkey with on mine to be able to better center the engine in the frame and still clear the tires. Right now it's a little left of center, need to machine down the bushing and add a skinny one to the other side or something.

Are you saying you already have 2 of them or you just hopped on the preorder? I'd love to see a close up of that output shaft if you've got one handy.
Just orderd a couple, they don't ship until the end of the month.

The new 20T/80TFW/9T are still in production but Don likes the concept and what he's doing with the new batch of 4G's.

So Kinghtscape, you are saying The "Ghost Racer 7G" is a Grubee 4G knock off by a Chinese bicycle engine factory?
That won't make Don Grube any too happy.

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
So Kinghtscape, you are saying The "Ghost Racer 7G" is a Grubee 4G knock off by a Chinese bicycle engine factory?
That won't make Don Grube any too happy.
Not me, MotorBicycleRacing said that. All the info I have is what I saw on King's website last night.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Not me, MotorBicycleRacing said that. All the info I have is what I saw on King's website last night.
Kings and gasbike are the same Nationwide Access owned business, just different shipping facilities at opposite ends of the country.

I was a bit surprised to get a call from Dave (head honcho and buyer for Nationwide) out of the blue today, he just wanted to make sure I knew the 2 kits I bought wouldn't be on shore until the end of the month and he had some questions about several things.

This was before I seen the 7G is a knock-off rumor and didn't ask but I will.

I did however mention that the bigger 415 chain and sprocket on the standard Skyhawk would not function without grinding the back left clutch cover and that they should really use Speed carbs opposed to just plain NT carbs even if adds $5 to the kit.

China Gas, run by Don Grubes wife Angle, is the sole rep for the Hung Dong (Skyhawk) engine factory for delivery to the US via Nationwide Access which generally orders parts by the shipping container which literally comes on a slow boat from China.

Dave (Nationwide) will order in bulk anything for sale in the states if their is demand, I'm just trying to steer him to what every day builders really want and we'll see what comes out in the rinse.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
The original with the replacement shaft and the 10t sprocket was great Along with the 20/80. Then add the shift kit like Almen and tben I did and you got one reliable ride! Oh ya 5/8 shaft is the only way to go.

Jamesgregory

Nov 22, 2012
Ohio
Well these are an interesting development:
http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/ghost-racer-4-stroke-kit.html

Looks like Kings finally has the 5/8" shaft version kits with the 20:100t t belt trans, and these kits are done up with a black cover, looks like a kill switch on the motor, aluminum motor plate(hard to tell from pic?), and a different set of cranks that appears to be narrower than the old style. Also interesting that there are 4 reviews already posted and they aren't available yet...

My thoughts exactly...!!! 4 reviews at its not even available till Aug 31st.. Ok granted it may be advanced release. Im sorry though its Kings and Gasbike!! Ive heard nothing but HORROR stories about them!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Don Grube got back with me in e-mail with some details so I'll share them.

The "Ghost Racer 7G" is a Grubee 4G knock off by a Chinese bicycle engine factory.

The Grubee 4G had a patent so this development should be interesting.

I have had one for months. Hopefully they fixed all the problems.
I guess every motor, trans or part is "racing" now.
"Our US patent app. for the 4G has been stalled in USPO going on now for 3 years! They're very slow and some of their review patent attorneys assigned to small company simple applications are dumb as rocks when understanding mechanical details. The Patent App. office in DC who is handling our patent app. is Chinese and that makes it even more difficult due to their translation understandings.

FYI: Flying Horse dba: Feima in China is where GasBike buys the copy version of our 4G T belt drive unit. I can't sue GB and/or Feima right now until we get our US patent issued and then we can own their farms."

The movable output sprocket would be pretty sweet, that's what I need to monkey with on mine to be able to better center the engine in the frame and still clear the tires.
The same goes for lining the output up with a jackshaft,

I'm waiting for the 10G....
"FYI: No orders have came in for any 4G's this year so that is why we have not shipped any with the changes you want. I guess we will have to name the model you want the "10G" since FeiMa has started the G war."

Competition is a good thing ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The G war! Popcorn please, can't wait to see how this ends.

-Zane
Guess we'll see.
Those 7G's from gasbike should be shipping now provided they are not still on a slow boat from China.

I am looking forward to the 10G's ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The 'Stage' transfer cases were all gears, what a mess they were, these are all T-belt pulley drives.