Is Kings Sales and Service still around?

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Does anyone know if Kings is still in business? Has anyone ordered from them lately? I'm in need of a top hat adapter and a 56t sprocket.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I'm having difficulty navigating the site....how do I know which sprockets are the standard (beveled) ones or the race sprockets (with no offset)?

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
I'm having difficulty navigating the site....how do I know which sprockets are the standard (beveled) ones or the race sprockets (with no offset)?
not sure, call him i guess...

If you get a hold of him, can you ask him how his 'NEW PATENTED BICYCLE BRAKE" is coming along. Is it available for sale?

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Jakes does, but his site doesn't give you the option for either a 1/4" or 1/8" offset. Also, I think the largest sprocket he offers is 48t. I needs a 56t.....

I was able to find a guy who makes a 130BCD chainring adapter that bolts to a 6 disc hub, just like I used on my last 2 stroke build. So, that is an option available to me...

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Mike can you post the link for that adapter, I remember seeing it but I didn't bookmark the page.

And I don't think king is around any more, he doesn't have any active eBay listings and I ordered a sprocket like 6 months ago and nothing yet... No response either afte I filed a claim on PayPal for a refund... Idk what's going on

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I still have the book mark, but the guys do not have it on their site. I was able to get a hold of them. They still make them, but just don't have them on their site. So...that is still an option for me....

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I could always get the top hat from Jakes, but the largest sprocket he has is a 44t. I'm not to familiar with gearing yet on 4strokes yet, so I'm not sure about changing sizes.

My current setup is 11t clutch, 22t input, 9t output, and 56t sprocket....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Mike,

I think you'd have a problem with the 56t sprocket hitting the chainstays. That's probably why you can't get a 56t sprockets for the Top Hat adapter. I've never used one, but that would be my guess.

Here's something similar from bicycledesigner.com:
http://www.bicycledesigner.com/rotor-and-sprocket-adapter.html

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
I had forgot all about that one BigBlue, Justin seen it a week or so ago, looks like it may work with a standard 9 hole bolt pattern if so sprocket size desired would be easy to accomplish.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If that fits up to a standard 9 hole that'd be great, but I doubt there's a way to tell without purchasing one......
Contact the vendor and ask, dont know if they would tell you since im sure they want to sell sprockets and that is cometely understandable, but they may tell you if it will or wont.

Map

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
I just ordered a top hat from Kings, got it last week. I need the sprocket now though, I hope he has them in stock otherwise I'm stuck enlarging the stock sprocket with a dremel tool. Lmfao