Hello for New Zealand

GoldenMotor.com

Moose-Mayhem

Jan 15, 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
Howdy yall,

Just fitted a 70cc 2 stroke to my old mountain bike and stumbled on this site after encountering a few teething problems. (Exhaust gasket failed in about five minutes and the exhaust decided to fall off...) Hopefully that is sorted now - new high temp gasket, new studs, nuts and locknuts all secured by loctite.

Now the goal is to get the most out of this sucker as possible so hopefully I can pick your brains on that!

:-||

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
howdy moose and welcome to our motorized bicycle world. sounds like you are back on the road enjoying your ride, great to have you with us, lots of talent here to help you with anything you need

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us. You'll find a lot of friendly folks and plenty of information if/when you need help.
Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Welcome to the forum moose :)

Perhaps I should mention that back in colonial days an attempt was made to introduce moose to the South Island of New Zealand. Right up until now there have been persistent rumors that the moose survived and there's a small population of them hidden away in a remote valley. Plenty of folk have tried to find them, but no-one has as yet.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
welcome moose. Watch that chain tensioner, from the pic it looks like there are 3 out of 4 bolts in there. Dont let that thing swing into your spokes! Everyone has an opinion on those things. I still use one, but I tacked it in place plus bolts.

Moose-Mayhem

Jan 15, 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
Cheers for that - I have subsequently filled that void so I hope that sorts that. I never even considered that the tensioner could loosen enough to cause what I could only imagine would be a catastrophic failure... What other options are there btw?

.duh.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Cheers for that - I have subsequently filled that void so I hope that sorts that. I never even considered that the tensioner could loosen enough to cause what I could only imagine would be a catastrophic failure... What other options are there btw?

.duh.
There are many who will steer you towards not using one at all if your bike will let you. There are also a handfull of spring loaded ones on the market, and some nice solid supports that you can get or make yourself fairly easily and inexpensively. I just set my stock one up where I like it and tacked the small bracket on in two places, plus the four bolts. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-4891450144518230%3A98tkao-ttqv&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=tensioner&sa=Search&siteurl=motorbicycling.com%2Findex.php&ref=&ss=2303j750595j9#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=tensioner&gsc.page=1

Keep searching for your answers, there is a massive of useful information and opinion contained inside this forum.
Do what works for you. .wee.