Had my little putter for a year now...

GoldenMotor.com

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
OK
I'll play this game!
I like fun!

Please have a look at the STUFF in the picture below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Bicycl...-Motorized-Bike-last-generation-/131021773183

IMO that is a LOT of very useful spare parts for $135 AND you get that complete, assembled engine.

Your call.

:)
rc
That's how I got this motor. if I lived on the mainland I would have gotten the motor for 130.00 or 140.00 with free shipping but becasue I'm in Hawaii it cost extra to get it shipped out here. I had a long involved conversation with the guy, about the cheapest shipping methods to get it to me.

But it's a moot point at the moment, since I've scavenged a bunch of the parts from the 66/80cc to keep the new bike running. The old bike has been sitting so long at this point that I'm not sure its worth trying to fix anymore. Hawaii's humidity is a *****. :-||

Mastertech

Mar 25, 2014
Rochester MN
I have done four bikes now everyone ran different. Had to richen or lean out carb, overall these china engines are extremely poor. This is my first post on this sight and I don't know what I am doing

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
@Bohemian Lady...

Yes, I understand humidity problems. I once lived on the beach.
Salt air destroys everything.

If your chinagirl has been out, exposed to the salt fog, for an extended period, without constant maintenance, I would agree... there is a good chance it may not be worth repairing.

Good luck
rc

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
Yeah its been sitting, I've covered it with a tarp, oiled everything to keep as much of the corrosion away as possible but with the volcanic fog, salty air and high humidity, along with the fact that it may be seized I just don't know. I'm going to do some bike work on Wednesday anyway so I"m going to give the old 66/80cc a once over and see what the damage is.