Hello from NYC

GoldenMotor.com

Archdude

Jun 21, 2012
NYC
Hi, I'm Eric from eastern Queens, NY (near Long island). I purchased a 66cc 2-stroke motorized bike from someone on craigslist the other day.

I knew they were illegal but didn't realize that the cops have been cracking down on it this year. One officer told me that they have an entire shed full of bikes they took off the street. Needless to say now I'm a bit worried about taking it beyond a few blocks and it might end up just sitting in my garage. :X

Regardless of that, big hello to everyone in community! Let me know what you guys think and if you have/had a similar situation.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Well Arch, there is one way out. Buy a scrap moped with a registration and make your bike into it- get the numbers into your frame somewhere (fill in any bicycle numbers and remove any stickers).
My bike is now a Puch with a plate on the back, lights, mirror, and stop light.
Anything with a motor needs to be registered in the Empire (strikes back) state.

I look safe (helmet, dayglo vest, glasses and gloves) and ride carefully.
That plate is a wonderful thing too. Never been stopped.

Archdude

Jun 21, 2012
NYC
Sounds great - can you post pics of your bike?

Well Arch, there is one way out. Buy a scrap moped with a registration and make your bike into it- get the numbers into your frame somewhere (fill in any bicycle numbers and remove any stickers).
My bike is now a Puch with a plate on the back, lights, mirror, and stop light.
Anything with a motor needs to be registered in the Empire (strikes back) state.

I look safe (helmet, dayglo vest, glasses and gloves) and ride carefully.
That plate is a wonderful thing too. Never been stopped.