Hello everyone!

GoldenMotor.com

ashwin1224

Apr 16, 2012
India
Hi!

This is Ashwin, I am from India. I am computer tech diploma student. I was always attracted towards bikes. Always dreamt of getting one as soon as I can legally drive one. But fate had something else for me.
Like every other normal 18 y.o. guy, I was almost sure that I would be driving a bike soon. But due to the hazardous road I take every day for college, my parents just did not want me on a bike. Add to that the horrendous reputation of biker youths in India. I ended up in a 2010 VW polo last december on my 18th Bday.

Though I am luckier than a majority of youths, the biker in me did not die with that. After trying everything, and being convinced I cannot get a bike, I decided to build one myself.Of course, a motorized bicycle is a mockery of my "biker" ambitions, but I have to start somewhere LOL <there are really weird smileys here!!>. But a motorized cycle is a lot cooler than standard bike which every other guy owns.

Here started another set of problems. I am not a mechanic, I cannot weld. Though due to my interest in bikes I am very well versed with the workings of an IC engine, I never really bothered much about drivetrain. Hence I can get an engine to work but dont know how can I drive my wheels with it.

Also, with absolutely no funding from parents, I am on a shoestring budget. I have my old bicycle and a 60CC moped. Its bust atm, but its a highly reliable engine , all it needs is cleaning. These engines are running on some mopeds even after 25 years of service!

I have time till July to finish this bike, as after that college will start.

I hope the forum will help me in fulfilling my dream, of owning a bike :p

Regards
Ashwin