Grubee skyhawk frames are in stock

GoldenMotor.com

motoxjosh

Jun 20, 2011
california
intriguing! Are these any good?
Well worth the price, very strong and lite, great for racing. I had the opportunity to ride robs from piston bikes and it was a very smooth ride, cant wait to get one up and running, just waiting on parts to put one together

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
1.125" standard width but I don't know the length yet, I will in a day or two with pictures here KC's Kruisers - Motorized Bike Forum - New Grubee Skyhawk GT2-A bike frame

You can get the frame for $200 if you buy a new $187 Skyhawk motor with it in the package deal.

It was supposed to be a 3 day Black Friday deal but they extended it until they run out I guess. A local builder here that frequents my site was expecting his yesterday so he'll share the inside scoop.
If it looks good I'll get one, I have most of the parts to make a nice bike on it, most likely a high end Jackshafted shifter.

I posted a topic about this in the main here and still can't help but laugh at their e-mail ad...

I can just picture it this way.

Boss: We need a picture of the package deal motor mounted in the frame.
Tech: We don't have one!
Ad Guy: I can just PhotoShop a motor in.

hahah, apparently Ad Guy doesn't even know which way a motor even faces let alone how to Copy/Paste well ;-}

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
head tube is 1 1/8 . bb is for a 1 pice crank and the seat tube is 1.250 outside and 1.080 inside so any one know if thats a 1 1/8 seat post ?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
the seat tube is 1.250 outside and 1.080 inside so any one know if thats a 1 1/8 seat post ?
I think if you read your question again you have your own answer.
Seat posts are measured in outside diameter.
You can't fit a 1 1/8" post in a 1" hole.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I can just picture it this way.

Boss: We need a picture of the package deal motor mounted in the frame.
Tech: We don't have one!
Ad Guy: I can just PhotoShop a motor in.

hahah, apparently Ad Guy doesn't even know which way a motor even faces let alone how to Copy/Paste well ;-}
Just think of the free publicity that the backwards motor gave them..;)

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
hay thank you for the info . I was not sure they used outside diamater . there is a guy on this forom that puts his heads on backwards . I would think it would be a good idea in the idea that the faster you go the more gas would blow into ihe head but probaly create more problems then its worth someone should ask bicardo . I think thats his name

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
theyve upgraded the engine styles...front wheel drive now...the back tire turns...like a forklift...nice...grubee is eh imo...but ive been seeing that frame for a while, just not interested in the aluminum...pretty scary stuff...ill stick to rusty stuff...

joepep77

Apr 10, 2014
Arkansas
The headtube on these frames is not 1 1/8. The cheap headset that comes with the frame fits a 1 1/8 steerer tube but the headtube actually measures 44mm id. A 44mm headset will fit this headtube.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
If any one lives in Canada I have the frame powerdercoated black with the motor mounts completed for sale
Its in my display picture

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Come to Toronto I've got the whole frame put together. And powerdercoated black all you needs is a engine and handlebars hehe

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hey all ... anyone know the seat tube diameter ? need it for shift kit specs ?? would appreciate any help/ advise / pics of builds for the 2A frame.
Which frame are you using and what engine?

I built this on a GT2-S triangle frame, but the 2 stroke pedestal frame is a different design so it matters I think.

Specs are here.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/BIKES & FRAMES.htm

This my 4-stroke shifter build on the S frame.

The 2-stroke fame is different and for the like of me I can't remember what the seat post diameter is other than if memory serves the next size larger than the default SBP back seat post mount size.

I may have the specs here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=688 or in a topic here but if you are going with a 2-stroke I would think the seat post is standard size for a 2-stroke.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Ya I watched you build the 4 stroke above ... nice ... although I'm not a huge fan of the 4-stroke motors ... looks good tho !
Mine is starting on the GT2-A (pedestal frame) I just thought the front motor mount would be a nice touch , my race engine seems to "snap" those front mounts so we'll see how this holds up ... I've got my motor up too 9+ hp so it has some extra torque for sure ! ( I just love this **** ! )
Anyways , thanks for the support .. I will keep you in the loop as it progresses ..
Ron.