addicted to it

GoldenMotor.com

bikebloak

Aug 31, 2011
Malate Manila, Philippines
Been a bike fanatic since aged 6 or as far as my memories will take me. Been tearing them down too and rebuilding them back again. I had a classic cruiser when I was 8. Was a hand-me-down from my dad. Vintage 45' it was. When I was 10, a neighbor commuted to work on his "nixon engine" 49cc that ran and outlasted his bike. On occasions I would borrow this cruiser and rode all night long to the bay area boulevard. Those were the best times of my youth!!! 4 decades hence, I'd given way to this reminiscence and bought myself finally a china girl 66cc and mounted it to a generic mountain bike I own among the other 4 MBs I have only by reason of it's tube frame that would least require any mods to mount the 2 stroke engine. After a 2 minute ride, I check the bike and already I have one of the three flat screws for the clutch cover missing. Why are they flat heads in the first place, Allen would have been better. The clutch cable seemed to be too tight. So I devised a broken bike center stand by grinding it to size (about 18mm longer than the standard shaft) and replaced the stock one. It's much lighter to engage now. I am now designing and fabricating new exhausts. Let's see what I can churn out and I'll have it posted in no time as long as it works. I am ventilating on either a buffle type or one that is filled with fibre-silencer. I am also looking at expansion systems that would be ideal. These toys surely need a lot of tweaking each time you use them. I guess this goes with the enjoyment as a hobby. Being also a tool buff, this toy will always probably give me the occasion to use any of my treasured tools with the exception of my air gun nailers. But who knows??? Heh heh heh

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Even Dr Drew can't help you with this addition. You just have to get a motor bike.
I haven't visited the Philippines since 1989. That was before the Mt Pinatubo eruption.

bikebloak

Aug 31, 2011
Malate Manila, Philippines
Welcome to the forum. Even Dr Drew can't help you with this addition. You just have to get a motor bike.
I haven't visited the Philippines since 1989. That was before the Mt Pinatubo eruption.
As a matter of fact I do have a motor bike too or a motorcycle if that was what you meant. But it's too easy. Most of the time the battery runs dead because I hardly use the motorcycle. I regularly commute using my mini-van or car. I bought my China girl to give me reason to continue with my tinkering and to have some fun on my spare time (If I have any at all).

It's been a long time. Things have changed a lot here in the Philippines. You might have been living in the base. They've converted the bases into economic industrial zones. They have built better roads to connect these facilities to the main cities.