Reintroduction

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Ok its me again, got hit by a flood and lost almost everything and had to move out of town, but first heres where i started off:

I started out with a roadmaster bike with a 48cc starfire gt2 2stroke kit with pull start and centrifugal clutch, it ran great, then i put the kit on a scwhinn del mar crusier,it ran ok but was better on a mountain bike.

after 2 years of riding, got pulled over by a young trooper and was giving tickets, only had to pay for one but it was alot of $$.

So i switched to electric and made a electric push trailer that was hitched to the scwhinn delmar crusier,ran great and was quiet and nobody bothered me but was not as much fun.

I lived by the water and one day i got hit by a flood and the water kept getting higher and higher, it was raining every day to,i was hoping the weather would get hot so the water would go away but that never happened so i grabbed what i could save and left.

Got a new smaller apartment out of town out in the country.

Lost my bike and electric trailer plus almost everything else.

Now i have a Mongoose mountain bike with dual suspension,good for peddaling, only got a couple of gears working but its ok.

And i have a roadmaster mountain bike(not the same bike as my first one) but it does have my old 48cc starfire gt2 gas engine kit on it.
I have been working on getting it mounted correctly and hopefully running again. Its hard with only my small toolbox and no extraparts,bolts,hoses or anything that i used to have.

I have no car so these bikes are my only transportation and i live out in the country.

If anyone has spare parts lying around and would like to donate them feel free to pm me for my address.

Karl

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Karl,
It's good to see you back. We're all sorry for your misfortunes but at least you've recovered and getting back in the hobby. I hope all your problems are behind you. Thanks for remembering us and returning to the fold. Keep those posts coming old friend. Is there anything in particular that you need? Let me know.
Tom

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Glad to see you back. I know it is hard to start over but if you keep on keeping on every thing will work out.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Wow, floods, fire and economic ruin. America is behind the 8 ball.

I sure am curious on how you made an electric "push" cart.

In a way I'm with you in the starting over. Call me friend.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
If you look up my name you can read about how i made the electric pushcart, theres probally pictures too.

I have my gas engine mounted on my bike,everything is rigged up with what i had and im sure i could use some proper engine mounts,studs,nuts/universal mount and spacers and also a locking clutch lever,maybe a airfilter.

have not tested it yet to see if it still runs(im sure it will), have to get gas and oil, i also flipped the head and piston around so the carb is in front and muffler facing rear. i will post pictures soon.

MaximusPrime

Jun 9, 2011
Washington
I am new around here but glad your surviving Cabin... wish I was in more of a position to help out... I could use some friends near me to bum parts from as well once in a while....

And Ernst if you go to Atomic Zombie Extreme Machines! - Bikes Trikes and Chopper Plans you can find a dude that has a whole gang of info for sale on how to build electric push carts and all kinds of different bike frames and designs... I bought one of his books a few years ago when I was first thinking of getting into the motorbiking hobby... I had the idea in mind to make my own frame to a put a motor on.... There is tons of useful bike info there on that page too...

Hope your back to motoring soon Cabin...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
OMG i got hit by another flood!
I got hit by hurricane Irene/flood, i live by a poweful fast flowing river that rose to 18 feet above flood stage which in english means around 8-9 feet of high water in my parking lot/basement which blew my basement out taking everything down the powerful river. I did not loose anything this time(except my motorized bike which was outside) which is good cause i dont have much since i lost everything in the last flood. My neighbors apartments was full of water right to there ceilings. Now all i have is my regular bike, no motor gas or electric :(. I stayed at a motel for a month and had my stuff in storage ,i moved back to my old town and away from any water. Maybe one day i will get another something(with a motor) to ride but for now just a regular bike. If water reaches me here, i would move to the desert,lol.

Karl, still alive :)