Hi guys, from Australia

GoldenMotor.com

E=mc^2

May 9, 2011
australia
Hi folks,
Just got a free pushmower, I'm thinking about mount the engine on the bike. The engine was vertical-shafted briggs 3.5hp, I converted it to horizontal shaft engine,everything just ran very nice. current have issues of vibration isolation devices, I found some vibration isolation on ebay, it's a cylinder-shaped rubber with screws on both side, I was wondering if this thing can reduce vibration? or make it worse? please let me know what you guys think.
cheers.auflg

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy E, welcome.Uber cool and please post some pics of your build. The vibration thing is a well debated subject. Personally, I am in the camp of mount it hard and fast or you just end up with a paint shaker.But would greatly enjoy being proven wrong. I think it could be done but at great expense. Always makes me think of the tens of thousands of $s NASA spent on a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used pencils. Dunno.

Where I live, vert shaft, lawn mower, replacement engines are really cheap in comparison to horizontal shaft engines. Been looking for a rt angle reduction gear for yrs just for this. Be really cool. Low profile rack mount.

But any way, great to meet ya and welcome again.