First Build

GoldenMotor.com

urace4me2

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Jim from Jacksonville, FL. Grubee 66 kit on a nasbar MTB frame with 7 speed internal hub with disk brake. King's Top hat. Front MTB suspebsion fork. As soon as I toss the CNS carb it should work great. And to think I paid more for the kit because of that thing! I have also built an E bike from amped bikes. Disk brake is awesome. Don't even need a front brake. Some slight modification on the top hat to seat it on the sturn archey hub and some slight mods to the disk brake mounting points on the frame to get the disc brake and drive sprocket to all fit and work on the left side. Will post pics later. Thanks for the info on CNS carbs. Anyone want to buy mine? xct2

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
As soon as I toss the CNS carb it should work great. And to think I paid more for the kit because of that thing! Thanks for the info on CNS carbs. Anyone want to buy mine? xct2
I don't know how these clowns can get away and keep selling those CNS POS carbs, nothing but trouble posts throughout this forum.
If it was a part of a car, or anything sold in normal retail channels, there would have been a massive recall!
Blame the EPA for that bit of wisdom.

urace4me2

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Installed old style non CNS carb. Throttle cable moved over easily. Wish I could shorten it, but both ends have "leaded ends". Bike runs WAY better. i.e., actually runs. Just a short test so far.

urace4me2

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
The bike runs good. Does a little "4 cycling" at speed, so maybe need to lean it out after break in if it still does it with leaner oil mix. Took head off and looks like motor is getting lubed fine. Retensioned head nuts and other fasteners.