gonna buy now need input from pa

GoldenMotor.com

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
hey folks Gonna buy an engine now, just need input. I weight 220-230 lbs and live in pa so laws suck. I need something as quiet as possible that will pull hills.I wanna mount on mountain bike, have a fair amount of cash . i need to pull a pretty steep hill and ain't lookin to sweat much since i'm in sales and must be presentable.I'm sure there are other threads so i'm sorry to repeat. i havent found any 4 strokes other than rear mounts.again i need as quiet as possible also must consider size as discreet . I have a dui and do not want to get popped for driving on suspension. i'm buying as soon as i have input. I just don't know whats quitest. I will also do a 2 stroke if it's nearly as quiet as a 4... thanks guys looking forward to share my experience with my new bike.I may purchase a wholesale lot so i can outfit the family......we.

Last edited:

that guy on a bike

Mar 30, 2011
newmanstown, p.a.
i live in p.a. and a local cop told me that if it is under 52cc then you don't need it registered. I mean you can't get it registered. my 2 stroke is not as loud a i expected it to be. I havent pissed anyone off yet. I let my 9 yr. old neighbor ride it around. cop passed him the other day on it and waved so a suspended liscense shouldnt be a probem. im lighter than you but my steepest hill (pretty f ' in steep) im pushin up 20- 25

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
the 2 strokes with the black cat style mufflers are actually very quiet to me.

i have a grubee skyhawk GT-5 kit and the motor its self is good, but i've had tons of issues with chain rub and clearance in general on my bike.

i'm seriously considering scrapping the in frame project and getting a rear mount friction drive. would have been easier and saved me money.

most of these motors will pull you up a hill pretty easily, may need to pedal assist on some real big ones but it's nothing major, not like actually pedaling up the hill normally.

iv'e heard good things about the raw motors, and i don't mind my grubee, so mite want to look into those 2 or a friction drive kit from thatsdax.com

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
yeah , unfortunately penndot sight says any motor is concidered a moped, i don't know if they're gonna mess w/ me or not but in pa driving under dui suspension can get me 1 yr in the pokey not to mention i have 4 more years of probation.. Pa seems to be the most strict pricks . I gotta work though so i'm trying to keep it as discreet as possible. On the other han't the 2 strokes seem to be smaller and less notiable. my buddy rides a rear mount honda 4 stroke and they don't seem to mess with him.

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
definatley worth considering , i heard the frictions don't really slip Maybe a little but i'm worried the gear on the tire will wear out fast... I had a frition drive goped and had no luck.but if it last me 6 months i will have my lisence back....18 months is a long time without wheels..

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
well it;s done i just ordered the 66cc starfire. wish me luck....bought from bike berry after i heard horror stories about zone 8 thanks for the input ill keep ya posted

that guy on a bike

Mar 30, 2011
newmanstown, p.a.
I think it will work out for you . Don't think the fuzz will mess with you . They might even think it cool. You can always keep your feet moving.to make it look like you are peadling really fast. Its worth a shot

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
don't think i wanna risk seeing if they laugh but i think i'll be ok. I have a cheap bike but the paint and aluminum are in perfect shape but i'm gonna do everything in flat black so the engine blends in.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
don't think i wanna risk seeing if they laugh but i think i'll be ok. I have a cheap bike but the paint and aluminum are in perfect shape but i'm gonna do everything in flat black so the engine blends in.
aluminum frames are a bad idea, aluminum doesn't weld very good, and with the motor vibrating so much bad welds are a huge risk.

for normal riding aluminum mite not be an issue but for motorizing aluminum frames are ill advised.

bill gurreri

Mar 30, 2011
york , pa, usa
wow great tip thanks i did find a 3 speed executive bike with 3 speed shifter on top bar but they want 75 bucks and will prob. take some work,,, is it worh it i'll try and post a pic.

Attachments